• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion A Nerf to Caster Armour

PewPewPewLasers

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
I'm not sure if this applies to all casters or only beguiler, seeing as I've only see it on beguiler, but I think that having full gold on a caster is too strong. The damage that casters can produce especially with everyone being a low level is insane right now, and I personally believe that having 5.5 bars of protection on top of all damage and kite ability casters have is too much. My suggestions is to restrict casters to having only a gold chest and maybe boots or helmet, with the rest being leather. Gold has not much use considering its low price in the economy, so there is a crazy amount of it going around.

spiralz

Obsidian
Based off the mother of all RPGs, casters would have a spell failure chance when wearing armor (lower chance on lighter armor, higher chance on heavier armor). From an RPG standpoint, mages would have a hard time casting spells with all those metal plates interfering.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I'm not sure if this applies to all casters or only beguiler, seeing as I've only see it on beguiler, but I think that having full gold on a caster is too strong. The damage that casters can produce especially with everyone being a low level is insane right now, and I personally believe that having 5.5 bars of protection on top of all damage and kite ability casters have is too much. My suggestions is to restrict casters to having only a gold chest and maybe boots or helmet, with the rest being leather. Gold has not much use considering its low price in the economy, so there is a crazy amount of it going around.
I think you're right on this. Does anyone know the armor difference from a full set of leather vs full set of gold?

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
Limit the ranged class' armor but allow the melee casters/healers the option to still wear gold

For example:
  • Allow Pyromancer to wear full gold
  • Allow Disciple to wear full gold
  • Limit Druid's armour
  • Limit Wizard's armour
Of course those are not all of the classes.