• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion A few Ninja ideas

PewPewPewLasers

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
So, right now I think ninja is in a pretty good place. It has high damage, (insane damage from behind) decent mobility, and it is good for escaping bad situations. (backflip, smoke, fade, escapeartist), but I do feel that there are a few things that ninja could benefit from. So, here are some ideas for the class.

First of all, I don't feel a need for envenom. It is a high stamina cost for low damage, and it ultimately doesn't really help the class.

I think that smoke, instead of making you actually invisible, should be an invisibility potion effect, so you can't get away as easily. Just this morning, I escaped a 10v1 because of smoke. I feel that it could be changed a bit for the better.

For blackjack, instead of saying you sheath your blackjack, I think it should /w you have sheathed your blackjacked, so if you

Lots of people say that blackjack isn't very good, and that it should be replaced with a guaranteed slow. I happen to disagree. I like the fact that ninja is a bit of an oddball class, as in luck can dictate your battle. Although, I believe that ninja could use a skill similar to this.

One will be the code name for this skill, as I can't think of another name.

One is a 10 second speed II boost, that breaks on damage. I honestly think that ninja suffered when it lost one, so think of this skill as quicken from last map. It would cost 3 staminachickenwingthings,15% of your mana, and be on a 45 second cooldown.

I think that the ideas suggested here could really help out the class, please leave feedback on the ideas.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
Smoke - If you make it like an invis pot effect that means you end up pretty much forcing ninjas to choose between armor and actually having a real class defining skill. It is pretty incredible for getting out of bad situations but so is jump and backflip and superjump and all sorts of other skills. Smoke might be overall better than any of those except superjump, but it has a massive cooldown.

Envenom - Envenom I feel is a pre fight skill (much like blackjack) that you use, wait for the stam to come back, then attack. I haven't recently tested it much, but envenom was an integral part of the ninja's burst due to the fact that it would instantly allow you to do 2 swings of melee damage within the time of 1. My only problem with it is the stam cost. I use it every fight even if not during the fight itself. The bug on it also allows you to kill low health people that escape you ^.^

Blackjack - Personally I feel that luck based skills just generally aren't fun for either party. Its less about the ninja and more about the opponent. If you get blackjacked more than twice in a fight were you really outplayed? Its beyond frustrating to lose to someone knowing that it had nothing to do with a mistake you made or something they did well.

One - I'd like this skill to be reimplemented much in the way you suggested.

Some other things I feel about ninja:

1. I think that their mobility seems fine at first, but the stam cost of their only mobility skills are horrendous. Using backflip basically forces you to use energize as well in order to actually do any of your damage combos when you get near the enemy. Escapeartist is even worse. I'd like a very slight decrease on the stam cost of backflip or escapeartist.

2. This was in your suggestions I believe though I think it did get cut off or something but blackjack should be more silent imo. Along with blackjack I find it horrible that smoke has one of the loudest skill effects I've heard along with a message telling everyone you just used it. Is ninja not supposed to be the stealthy class?

3. The range on blitz makes me want to kill myself.

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
My opinion:

Blackjack=trash
Blitz=perfection
One=I would be so wet if it happened

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
err... personally, i think ninja's fine where it's at. The only change that I see would be ok is if blackjack were to be set to a certain amount of hits, such as every 2 or 3 hits instead of a % chance. I've fought a ninja using blackjack before (Awile ago, forgot who) and their blackjack procced almost every time they hit me, needless to say I lost lol. I also think Thievery should come back (once bug is fixed). Honestly, that was a deal breaker for me, i was going to go to ninja after I finished pyro because I thought a ninja would be fun with the thievery and such, playing pranks on town members XD.

but back on topic. ATM combat wise, I think a ninja is fine.

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
I think smoke needs at the very least to be verbose, otherwise there's no way to know what's going on, if you logged, etc. As you said, it's strong enough as it is, and there should be at least some warning that you should run away, you can't even know where the ninja is.

Dreamcycler

Legacy Supporter 5
I personally think that ninja is amazing where it stands, due to its high melee burst, unless your fighting a warrior. It generally makes up for the high stamina skills, I could see it having one to catch up with enemies also.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
I've been playing Ninja pretty extensively for the past couple of weeks. It's a really fun class that many people underestimate. It's also insanely fun to play if you know what you're doing.

First of all, I don't feel a need for envenom. It is a high stamina cost for low damage, and it ultimately doesn't really help the class.
This is 100% false. Envenom is a very strong ability, but for reasons that most people don't care to accept. As diffuse stated,

I haven't recently tested it much, but envenom was an integral part of the ninja's burst due to the fact that it would instantly allow you to do 2 swings of melee damage within the time of 1.
While I have not sat down and tested this 100%, I am 99% sure this is the case. Every time I get a blackjack proc when I have envenom applied, I easilly get in 3 left clicks, whereas I'd previously only be able to do 1, maybe 2. Envenom + Blackjack is a scary, scary thing.

I think that smoke, instead of making you actually invisible, should be an invisibility potion effect, so you can't get away as easily. Just this morning, I escaped a 10v1 because of smoke. I feel that it could be changed a bit for the better.
Please no. For the love of god please no.

Blackjack=trash
Absolutely not true. After it was re-buffed to have a 7.5% chance to apply, I get very consistent procs from it, and it is an absolute game changer.
For blackjack, instead of saying you sheath your blackjack, I think it should /w you have sheathed your blackjacked, so if you
That sentence looks absolutely retarded, but I think I know what you are trying to say.

2. This was in your suggestions I believe though I think it did get cut off or something but blackjack should be more silent imo. Along with blackjack I find it horrible that smoke has one of the loudest skill effects I've heard along with a message telling everyone you just used it. Is ninja not supposed to be the stealthy class?

I suggested this in another thread, but unfortunately Kainzo did not respond to the suggestion. Though he did remove the firework from blackjack, which was nice. I still think that Blackjack should make absolutely no noise or chat messages at all--it should be completely silent, just like sneak is.

One will be the code name for this skill, as I can't think of another name.

One is a 10 second speed II boost, that breaks on damage. I honestly think that ninja suffered when it lost one, so think of this skill as quicken from last map. It would cost 3 staminachickenwingthings,15% of your mana, and be on a 45 second cooldown.

One - I'd like this skill to be reimplemented much in the way you suggested.
In my opinion, mobilty skills are easily the most powerful abilities in the game.

I honestly don't think that Windwalk should exist, and Runeblade One shouldn't either. Speed III is just WAY too fast. It's overpowered beyond belief and nobody seems to really see it that way. I don't think that anyone should have Speed III except Bard--and that's only because theirs breaks on damage.

While Ninja having a speedboost skill would be nice, I worry that it would imbalance the class. Escape Artist is a really nice implementation of a mobility skill for the ninja. However, I feel as though it doesn't quite work the way it is designed. For one, the speed boost on it is entirely too short. I think it's 3 or 4 seconds, which is hardly enough time to get much done. And second off, using it typically puts your stamina well below sprinting levels. This really hinders the Ninja's ability to make use of the skill. While yes, it does a good job of saving you from disables--it doesn't give you the gap closer that it seems to be trying to give you.

3. The range on blitz makes me want to kill myself.

I think it would be fine if it was increased by 1 block--any more than that though and it starts getting overpowered.

Dreamcycler

Legacy Supporter 5
Actually, as delf said, escape artist would be nice, it seems it would imbalance the class.

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
Luck-based skills are dumb, they either make you win by a landslide or you get raped (yes I have played during 7.5% time).

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
maybe give ninja a slow fall, like an assassin would use a flight suit or something to get from tall buildings to other buildings. I don't think it would be too hard to implement, a slow fall already exists in vanilla minecraft.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
maybe give ninja a slow fall, like an assassin would use a flight suit or something to get from tall buildings to other buildings. I don't think it would be too hard to implement, a slow fall already exists in vanilla minecraft.
Backflip can be used to reset falldamage with a correct timing, so Safefall wouldnt be really needed.