• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion 3 "minor" Suggestions

Eneokun

Max Legacy Supporter
1. In the primary tutorial (the first one where the players spawn at) remove the Central portal and add either a portal to Visions or to the optional Tutorial instead (of course add signs please).
Why? Players who pick Central apparently get lost everytime, even though I cannot understand it, it does happen.
I don't know if you have changed anything about that Tutorial in the meantime, but if not, I suggest you to change this.

2. The rules need a rework. Claiming A Structure Rules
"You can check for inactivity by looking a sign containing the owner's name and using the lastlogin command (/lastlogin <playername>"
The command doesn't work. I suggest to rewrite that line, not mentioning the command and removing the typos.
Alternative: Make the command work again

3. It used to be possible to move townships. I don't know how exactly that process worked, because it was before my time on HC, but if it would work cross-worlds, I think I have a good idea for the RPG world. There are players who have created great structures on PvE and PvP since launch. These worlds will reset after a year or so anyway, so why not "recycle" these great structures and masterpieces built by players hands, by moving them to the RPG world and then customizing them there. Maybe you can create a thread where players could contribute to such a cause? This is supposed to be realized next year, before the PvE & PvP worlds will be wiped, to have additional pre-created structures to use on Zolaria, and eventually leads to an extension of the RPG world too.

@Kainzo @Alator

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
1. In the primary tutorial (the first one where the players spawn at) remove the Central portal and add either a portal to Visions or to the optional Tutorial instead (of course add signs please).
Why? Players who pick Central apparently get lost everytime, even though I cannot understand it, it does happen.
I don't know if you have changed anything about that Tutorial in the meantime, but if not, I suggest you to change this.

2. The rules need a rework. Claiming A Structure Rules
"You can check for inactivity by looking a sign containing the owner's name and using the lastlogin command (/lastlogin <playername>"
The command doesn't work. I suggest to rewrite that line, not mentioning the command and removing the typos.
Alternative: Make the command work again

3. It used to be possible to move townships. I don't know how exactly that process worked, because it was before my time on HC, but if it would work cross-worlds, I think I have a good idea for the RPG world. There are players who have created great structures on PvE and PvP since launch. These worlds will reset after a year or so anyway, so why not "recycle" these great structures and masterpieces built by players hands, by moving them to the RPG world and then customizing them there. Maybe you can create a thread where players could contribute to such a cause? This is supposed to be realized next year, before the PvE & PvP worlds will be wiped, to have additional pre-created structures to use on Zolaria, and eventually leads to an extension of the RPG world too.

@Kainzo @Alator
1) I can see this being better

2) Definitely -- the lastlogin command isnt working for normal players, we may change that.

3) We can copy/move any structure, anywhere. We schematic them and put them in savings - if you see a great structure that should be saved into Herocraft lore - petition at it.

Eneokun

Max Legacy Supporter
3) We can copy/move any structure, anywhere. We schematic them and put them in savings - if you see a great structure that should be saved into Herocraft lore - petition at it.

I'll get back to you later...

Vongard

Legacy Supporter 7
1) I can see this being better

2) Definitely -- the lastlogin command isnt working for normal players, we may change that.

was legacy in bastion saved? i loved that castle i would love to see it again.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
was legacy in bastion saved? i loved that castle i would love to see it again.
I'm pretty sure there were copies made of each map before a wipe, but I'm pretty sure only architects and upper staff has access to them. Making them available for the public once in a while would be pretty awesome though.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I'm pretty sure there were copies made of each map before a wipe, but I'm pretty sure only architects and upper staff has access to them. Making them available for the public once in a while would be pretty awesome though.
We were supposed to have maps for that. After zeal was wiped it was spread that there would a map sever. Where everyone would have creative to fly around and view the map. Obvioisly nothing would transfer.

No idea if that was really true or not.
Either way I would love to see old maps and just fly through them.
Especially Dragongarde

*I hate mobile*

Last edited:

Eneokun

Max Legacy Supporter
@Kainzo @Alator

Allow me to correct this @Kainzo
Better have the PvP and PvE portal there only.
I saw players entering the Visions portal and taking it for a real world of play.
I think it would also confuse them to have that portal as a choice in the tutorial.

Also: Is it possible to add signs next to the PvP & PvE portal, explaining what each abbrevation means or what the worlds are about? Mentioning that you can move between worlds would also be nice (again, I have no idea what is being taught in that tutorial anymore)

Alator

Ancient Soul
Staff member
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Allow me to correct this @Kainzo
Better have the PvP and PvE portal there only.
I saw players entering the Visions portal and taking it for a real world of play.
I think it would also confuse them to have that portal as a choice in the tutorial.

Also: Is it possible to add signs next to the PvP & PvE portal, explaining what each abbrevation means or what the worlds are about? Mentioning that you can move between worlds would also be nice (again, I have no idea what is being taught in that tutorial anymore)
I like these suggestions. I'll implement them when I get a chance.