• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion 1x1 Towers

MsGigi

Legacy Supporter 8
***I didn't quite know where to put this so I figured no-harm done if it was stuck in the suggestions thread (since it is a suggestion after-all).

Here we go...

I'm not too sure who to direct this to.. I was informed that some work was needed around the wastelands. I agree and I'm willing to help, especially with the 1x1 tower bull that seems to litter the server. After reading the post Brutalacerate made for the guides, I began going about and looking for all these 1x1 towers I've either been informed of or have found myself. The only problem is there's not really any block-logs for them in "Hawk-eye" because of how old they are.

I'm not sure if this is the only software used to detect block placement and removal so I began destroying the 1x1's I've been finding that don't have any logs. The only issue is... THERE ARE A CRAP-TON OF THEM....

I've removed about half a dozen so far before plunging to my death after slipping off a tower I was trying to remove (oops).

Now then...
I have a question and a (kinda) suggestion:
  • Question: Should I still PE these towers/structures even though I can't find a block-log for them?
  • Suggestion: Is there a way for me to be granted permission (If I swear to never use it for personal reasons on the server but only to help clean up the server) to use a tool (like many of the admins can) to remove these 1x1 towers rather than having to manually do it? I understand guides are usually only responsible for helping in Help chat and Tour chat but when there's nobody asking questions and nothing else for me to do (and I don't feel like being personally productive), I would still enjoy doing something more to help the server and make it more enjoyable for others when they play and are productive.

Please let me know asap what to do. Until then, I will try to manually remove these 1x1 blocks (unless I die and have no tools to do so) and I will continue to PE the ones with and without logs.

@Brutalacerate @Kainzo @Apherdite @Xanipher

Brutalacerate

AdministRaper
Yes, Petition each and every 1x1 hole that is deathly deep and 1x1 tower regardless of whether or not someone is on the logs for making them.

As far as the suggestion goes, if anything, just /pe it and mention my name in it. I'll be glad to remove any and all of them you find.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Staff member
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Yup. Any of the staff will take these towers down.

Everyone pe 1x1 nastiness (and after 1.3 floating trees) and it will be handled :)

Pretty sure those bastard 1x1 holes to bedrock have killed me more than anything else on this server...
Don't you love it when you're running around trying to get to your house, then you notice a hole that seems to last forever then you splat to your death? ._.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I dont mind the 1x1 holes... its the towers that make it bleh - I dont see why people do them so much haha... use sand if you want to tower so you can easily dig it down.

Staff can EASILY remove towers. So petition!

Leeness

Legacy Supporter 7
I dont mind the 1x1 holes... its the towers that make it bleh - I dont see why people do them so much haha... use sand if you want to tower so you can easily dig it down.

Staff can EASILY remove towards towers. So petition!
Cheater. You made my rating invalid.

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
Yes, Petition each and every 1x1 hole that is deathly deep and 1x1 tower regardless of whether or not someone is on the logs for making them.

As far as the suggestion goes, if anything, just /pe it and mention my name in it. I'll be glad to remove any and all of them you find.
Would this go for in Warshard as well? As there aren't any rules in WS (Except no hacking, etc.,), not exactly sure. For the holes, anywho. Towers in WS, I don't think many care.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Staff member
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Would this go for in Warshard as well? As there aren't any rules in WS (Except no hacking, etc.,), not exactly sure. For the holes, anywho. Towers in WS, I don't think many care.

Nah,WS doesn't count. Also, fun fact, since WS is a different map, we don't get WS PEs unless we are in the map. And since Mods lose a vast amount of their powers in WS anyway and we are the ones who look at those kinds of PEs first, they wouldn't get answered, anyway. :p

Brutalacerate

AdministRaper
Nah,WS doesn't count. Also, fun fact, since WS is a different map, we don't get WS PEs unless we are in the map. And since Mods lose a vast amount of their powers in WS anyway and we are the ones who look at those kinds of PEs first, they wouldn't get answered, anyway. :p
Exactly right!

Carlover1234

Obsidian
Yah I hate 1x1 towers and deep 1x1 holes. Well I hope the plugin works or is implemented in the future. As apart of the Panorama Council, my special job is to care for the environment and it takes awhile to remove these holes and towers. I also think random cobblestone on the surface us bad too.

ThatAintFalco

Portal
Darn, now I'll have to use 1x2 when building....
But can the anti 1x1 pillars NOT work when in regions.
It'll make building a lot easier