• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

TWEWY Sequel...?

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Square Enix has set up a teaser site that definitely has something to do with The World Ends With You...

Personally, I'm hoping for a straight up sequel set in a different city, but I'll be happy with anything that's not a social game.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
On closer examination the site hints that it's set in Shibuya again. That's definitely the 109 building in the background.

HelsEch

ICE ICE ICE!
It's taken a few years, but it's finally coming. I was ticked when the President of Square saying they wouldn't make any more non-mainstream games a few months after TWEWY released. I would honestly rather see the main cast change entirely while the side characters are either the same, with some new characters, or some of the old main cast are in the new side cast. For the kind of story and game TWEWY is, that should be suitable for its sequel.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
It's taken a few years, but it's finally coming. I was ticked when the President of Square saying they wouldn't make any more non-mainstream games a few months after TWEWY released. I would honestly rather see the main cast change entirely while the side characters are either the same, with some new characters, or some of the old main cast are in the new side cast. For the kind of story and game TWEWY is, that should be suitable for its sequel.
I agree. Save old faces for a cameo or a secret day. I would like a little insight into what's become of Shibuya now that the Composer and his right-hand-men are out of the picture, but that would need to be in addition to the new game, not instead of it.

EDIT: except that I think I misunderstood you a little bit. :p I just really have my heart set on a different setting, I guess. But I still think that connections to the first game ought to be saved as icing on the metaphorical cake.

HelsEch

ICE ICE ICE!
I agree. Save old faces for a cameo or a secret day. I would like a little insight into what's become of Shibuya now that the Composer and his right-hand-men are out of the picture, but that would need to be in addition to the new game, not instead of it.

EDIT: except that I think I misunderstood you a little bit. :p I just really have my heart set on a different setting, I guess. But I still think that connections to the first game ought to be saved as icing on the metaphorical cake.

There definitely needs to be a connection between the games. Since we know that each area has it's own composer and shinigami and games, it might be somewhere else, but I'd rather see the aftermath of Shibuya, what kind of person comes up to watch over Shibuya and how they handle the game. There aren't many other places for the game to be other than Shibuya, though. They give a few reasons in the game, but I suppose we all need to wait for answers.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
iOS version of TWEWY confirmed (somewhat unintentionally, perhaps) through the new Crossover soundtrack's description. But I can't shake the feeling that there's still something else, and TWEWY's lead translator hinted as much.

33 hours left. Just gotta wait for it...

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
What is this O.O it looks fun!
Oh? Never heard of The World Ends With You? You should play it. The original is for the DS and it looks like you can get it for $20 on amazon. The new iOS version has higher quality artwork and music but the fighting system got altered a lot. Either way the setting and story are fantabulous.

Forgot to post here about the end of the countdown: All that was announced on the countdown's site was the iOS port, but judging by an image within Solo Remix and a translator's twitter (brilingual, if you're interested), we will get a sequel at a later point.

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
I only know about TWEWY from Kingdom hearts.... When I played kingdom hearts I wanted to check out The world ends with you.... :)

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Devil Survivor was pretty awesome. They actually did make a sequel though, unless you already knew that was a thing that existed.