• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [Townships 3.0] Portals

Eneokun

Max Legacy Supporter
I know what's going on with Townships 3.0, but I will post this suggestion regardless.

I thought, since portals to Nether don't work anymore and they are therefore completely useless at the moment, why not giving them a new purpose in Townships 3.0?

There would be 3 portals, each with a preset teleportation destination:
- PvE Spawn (Sanctuary)
- PvP Spawn (Aegis Front)
- Nether Spawn (Hades, if the town is in PvP it will port to PvP Nether, on PvE -> PvE Nether)

How it works:
Players build a portal first. In Townships 3.0 every building within a town is separated by different regions. All regions have a certain effect to the structure. Create 3 Regions that could be adapted to a portal, ergo: 1x Portal to PvE Spawn, 1x Portal to PvP Spawn and 1x Portal to Nether. When such a region is placed on the portal's location, it will adapt the region's configs and allow players to port to the specific destination.

Either each teleport costs materials, or there will be a requirement to keep the portal "running", or both.

Possible costs for each teleport:
To PvE/PvP Spawn: 20 Redstone
To Nether Spawn: 10 Magma Cream

Possible costs to keep a portal running:
PvE & PvP Portals: 10 Redstone each hour (or) 100s a week
Nether: 5 Obsidian each hour (or) 200s a week

Key-thought of this idea:
Portals have no purpose. Give them one. That's what I thought and I see their only purpose in the new Townships 3.0 plugin, unless you don't want portals to have a use again of course.

Effects on the market:
I doubt that the Necromancer's prices for a port, or the costs for Runestone could be affected by the implementation of this. Why? Wizards aren't affected by people using /skill warp or Runestone to locations close to Spawn either. It's an individual and dynamic price, that is never equal and differs from player to player. At least that's how I see it, and I've been selling ports to players a lot, while competing with other Wizards.

Other requirements:
Players who can code it of course. Without them it won't work logically, and I know that we are having a problem with this plugin right now, so I don't expect this to be considered sooner or later. I anyway wanted to suggest it, can't harm anyone.

Please note:
- If you disagree with the destinations, why not suggest other destinations?
- The costs for the portal, teleportations, etc. are just examples. Maybe the dimensions are too high or too low?
- Anything you like or dislike about the idea? Explain it below and it would help a lot.
- This is not a subject of priority, just an addition, if the plugin will eventually work the way intended.
- I see this as a great idea to give the nether portal a purpose. This function can't be exploited, since not everyone has or is in a town.
- The configs could be changed according to future maps changes (world reset, etc)

Your thoughts on this guys?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I think having instant travel is a bad thing and should be limited and carefully placed to promote on-foot travel.

While I think this is pretty cool and a nether portal via towns could work out, the to and fro spawn might reduce PVP activity and insulate towns too much