• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Township] Taxes! Taxes! TAXES!!

Droowid

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff

Are the current tax rates taxing the heart and soul out of the poor people of Herocraft? This player believes so, referring to himself in the third person to seem more objective. Let's look at the currently posted rates for a moment.

Town Requirements
Tier
Cost
Upkeep*
Signatures
Mat Cost
Required Buildings
Mayor Status
Town 5K 300C 10 64 Iron Blocks Townhall(15x15) Inn(10x10) Count/Countess
City 10K 500C 15 64 Lapis Blocks Bank(10x10)) Tradepost(10x10) Duke/Duchess
Capital 20K 750C 20 64 Pumpkins Smithy(5x10) Library(10x10) Viceroy/Vicereine
Kingdom 40K 1000C 30 64 Diamond Blocks Guard Towers (5x5) King/Queen
Empire 100K 1500C 50 64 Gold Apples Headquarters (25x25) Emperor/Empress

Forgetting, for the time being, how expensive the upgrade costs are, we have an average upkeep cost of 30-35c per member at the required number of signatures for its size (which is, in all honesty, slightly higher than the number of highly active players in a town of that size). Now that we're a few weeks into taxes, many towns are now under stress as they hurridly shake down their members each week, many of whom aren't serious or active enough players to care much. The result is sadness, frustration, and chaos. I don't necessarily condone or support chaos, but the first two detract from the experience.

What I propose is simple. Keep the taxes in place, but slash the rate increase per ring size. I highly encourage discussion or staff arbitration, but I've spoken in-game with a good many people and most have agreed that the following rates seem more reasonable and much more conductive of a positive and fun experience with the township system.

Town - 200
City - 225
Capital - 250
Kingdom - 300
Empire - 350

You'll notice that these rates encourage forming larger groups in less space, and working together, which the staff and players both seem to generally support. There would be less people refusing to upgrade their town just because of the high tax rate and less towns would stagnate. I'd like to know what the rest of you think of this.

s3nse

Legacy Supporter 4
Excessive taxes may cause players to feel obligated to spend lots of time making money. It turns whats supposed to be fun into a sort of chore. This is especially so for those who don't have as much time to spend on Minecraft.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Are the current tax rates taxing the heart and soul out of the poor people of Herocraft? This player believes so, referring to himself in the third person to seem more objective. Let's look at the currently posted rates for a moment.

Town Requirements
Tier
Cost
Upkeep*
Signatures
Mat Cost
Required Buildings
Mayor Status
Town 5K 300C 10 64 Iron Blocks Townhall(15x15) Inn(10x10) Count/Countess
City 10K 500C 15 64 Lapis Blocks Bank(10x10)) Tradepost(10x10) Duke/Duchess
Capital 20K 750C 20 64 Pumpkins Smithy(5x10) Library(10x10) Viceroy/Vicereine
Kingdom 40K 1000C 30 64 Diamond Blocks Guard Towers (5x5) King/Queen
Empire 100K 1500C 50 64 Gold Apples Headquarters (25x25) Emperor/Empress

Forgetting, for the time being, how expensive the upgrade costs are, we have an average upkeep cost of 30-35c per member at the required number of signatures for its size (which is, in all honesty, slightly higher than the number of highly active players in a town of that size). Now that we're a few weeks into taxes, many towns are now under stress as they hurridly shake down their members each week, many of whom aren't serious or active enough players to care much. The result is sadness, frustration, and chaos. I don't necessarily condone or support chaos, but the first two detract from the experience.

What I propose is simple. Keep the taxes in place, but slash the rate increase per ring size. I highly encourage discussion or staff arbitration, but I've spoken in-game with a good many people and most have agreed that the following rates seem more reasonable and much more conductive of a positive and fun experience with the township system.

Town - 200
City - 225
Capital - 250
Kingdom - 300
Empire - 350

You'll notice that these rates encourage forming larger groups in less space, and working together, which the staff and players both seem to generally support. There would be less people refusing to upgrade their town just because of the high tax rate and less towns would stagnate. I'd like to know what the rest of you think of this.

The tax system is based off of a formula / % amount of the max 'purchase' of the town, I'll take another pass at it and change it from a straight % to something else. Also note with the voting daily - you can EASILY flip the bill for the township tax. Granted, not everyone does want to contribute.

Thanks for bringing it up - I'll take a pass at this sunday or monday.

Droowid

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Honorable Kainzo appears!
You know, I was thinking earlier and you do get 35 free gold per week... still, that assumes that number of players logs on to vote and give that coin for taxes every day per week. It basically comes back to what S3nse said, because I've been feeling the same way about it lately.. Lower increase per tier would also encourage upgrading, which I think everyone would enjoy. I hope your deliberations end favorably! Sorry if this makes no sense. I got a root canal today @_@ doped up

Malphugus

Legacy Supporter 5
Weird. Ironpass doesnt tax its citizens (at least not yet).
Guess we just have the servers most generous citizens :D