• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [Township] Balance Ideas:

Eligof

Legacy Supporter 4
Ive been seeing threads about power balancing, and towns getting big amount of cash.

The time Ive been playing I was able to notice that many players (including myself) think on creating a town as a steady soul production source, you can check big towns with very few people living there, just the owner "mayor" and some friends, so I will post some ideas:

Home:
make homes produce none or half the amount of souls (none will be better) if they are not inhabited. this will lead to mayors being more accessible to new people and more willing to invite to town.

Citizen Taxes:
If possible break down taxes so mayors can ask more tax for people living in better homes. (a shack, house, chalet etc tax).

Farms, Mines, and Fabrics.
configure those as working places, what I mean is that if a town that has a farm and no farmer at all living in town, may not produce items, or souls (check next idea). The same with mines and miners, we can have crafters take care of fabrics those who produce arrows, pickaxes etc, and if there are no crafter any other profession can take care of those as they already are "master crafters". It can ever been configured so each building has room for one two or many workers of that profession. It is booring beeing just a citizen of a medium or large town (even smaller towns) and not being able to help or get the feeling that your town needs you. You live there and the mayor/owner just ask you for resources or crafting item services. You only see how the owner gets richer and you get no souls at all. Maybe all the production structures or Working places) can give the player working at it some souls directly to his bank accound, maybe mayors can set payments amounts accordly with the job and the worker.

Prodcution buildings generates souls
Yes following the last idea we can have all the farms and production buildings produce some amounts of souls if not for towns as they produce items, at least for players living and asigned to that working place.

Special subregions like "farmland"
I love the idea to see farmland and plots outside the town walls not undergrounds, maybe we can have a subregion that can be created outside town rings at "x" distance from town central building so a mayor can give their citizens plots outside town protected from grief so they can produce food & wood.

Town Market,
I still want the town Market to make people move and visit other towns... "admire the architecture" (stel something if possible), some ideas could be that shops at town Markets charge a smaller sales tax, none at all or the tax goes to the town bank.

About Power... well I have no experience yet on how the war and siege works so I dont have ideas on this topic.

Eligof

jan9f

Legacy Supporter 3
1. Referring to the homes, to check to make sure you have somebody "inhabiting" the home, you'd have to do a complete rework of the way members are added to the sub-regions, because at the moment all it would take is a /to addmember sr:[name] in the region and it'd be "occupied."
2. I like the specific taxes idea, not bad.
3. Not really sure I agree with the limitation towards needing a variety of classes, this makes the initial town startup grind much more difficult.
4. There's already buildings that produce plenty of souls for the town, check out the wiki under the Soul Collector/Factory/Shop area.
5. This could work, don't really have an opinion either way.
6. Don't really agree with the town market, I don't think it's necessary.

Eligof

Legacy Supporter 4
6. Don't really agree with the town market, I don't think it's necessary.

I know it is not "necesary" as there is a TD but I gives you more oportunities and new options to the functionallity of a town. But yes I prefer other ideas over this one :)

3 the soul production can be focus on giving to the citizen (not just the mayor) another income option as he may be workign for the town where he lives. I know there are other soul production buildings but instead of just giving souls just because they are "on" make them give souls if a member (or members) of a town with the appropiated profession is (are) in charge.

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
Frankly its an
I know it is not "necesary" as there is a TD but I gives you more oportunities and new options to the functionallity of a town. But yes I prefer other ideas over this one :)

3 the soul production can be focus on giving to the citizen (not just the mayor) another income option as he may be workign for the town where he lives. I know there are other soul production buildings but instead of just giving souls just because they are "on" make them give souls if a member (or members) of a town with the appropiated profession is (are) in charge.
Frankly, I think that this amount of diversity between players is too difficult to obtain. If one single class is required for too many regions, a lot of players will be rejected for not having the class/profession that the town needs and if the player is a crafter and is taken by the town, he/she probably will be forced into a class, maybe even one that they don't want to be.