• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Total war games

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
I do! Add me on Steam: {=TLC=}Kenneth

Do you play Rome Total War aswell?

Are you going to play Rome 2 Total War when it comes out?

Yes I am. What's ur account name.[DOUBLEPOST=1349123963,1349073647][/DOUBLEPOST]Wait what does tlc stand for

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Yes I am. What's ur account name.[DOUBLEPOST=1349123963,1349073647][/DOUBLEPOST]Wait what does tlc stand for
TLC = The Last of the Crusaders. A private Total War gaming clan with around 70 members. Not a very active clan anymore though.

WoleverEntun

Legacy Supporter 3
I play Rome Total War, and Napoleon Total war. I can't wait for RTW2, I hope it is close to the original in it's gameplay, and less like NTW.

I have Rome total war and I love it to death. Also have medieval 2 and that to death. Have Napoleon but I didn't really like it. Also have empire total war and shogun total war 2

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Empire > Napoleon/Shogun.
Rome > Medieval

Empire was the first Total War game I got addicted to. Even though it's full of bugs, the gameplay is so fun because the slow reload makes the battles more tactical.

I love Rome for its campaign, it's truly epic. Just finished the campaign for Spain, quite hard because you need the Hall of Heroes for the Scutarii.

WoleverEntun

Legacy Supporter 3
My best campaign was as the Sassanids, but the Eastern Romans attacked all my cities at once while I was conquering Russia, so I evacuated 99% of my cities and went on a suicide dash to Constantinople, but I lost all my cities before I got there.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
My best Barbarian Invasion campaign was as Huns, I just went right for Constantinople and Rome with 4 hordes at each city. Lost over half my horde before getting to constantinople, then the romans crushed me. My 4 other hordes/armies got so depleted that I had to settle down in a settlement in the Gallic area. Then I ragequit. Rome > Barbarian imo.

WoleverEntun

Legacy Supporter 3
I took one Vandal horde conquering all of northern europe, leaving it in rebel ruins behind me, but by the time I got to rome, I had o.ver 40k

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
I took one Vandal horde conquering all of northern europe, leaving it in rebel ruins behind me, but by the time I got to rome, I had o.ver 40k
In Rome Total War, you can easily get several hundred K as a ''civilised'' faction, like Carthage, Seleucids, Romans, Greek and macedon. Just create a lot of trade, build economic buildings in all settlements, except 1-2 that you use to recruit troops.

WoleverEntun

Legacy Supporter 3
From what I've played in barbarian invasion, the game forces you to build giant armies, because making alliances is extremely difficult. And giant armies are a sure way to lose money.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Alliances are broken in RTW. Allies doesn't mean shit, they will attack you anyway and they dont actually help.

Just today, the Greek were like "Lets ally against the Brutii" to me when I was Macedon, and I accepted the alliance. When I ended the turn, the Greeks put my town Corinth under siege. Then a few turns later they ally the Brutii.

In Shogun 2, allies are actually helping you, and if they betray you, everyone starts hating them. So RTW 2 will have diplomacy fixed modt likely :D