• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion The /quest accept

arcanegrove

Obsidian
Recently, I have been finding lvling Mob Arenas very discouraging prosses. Having to find a bunch of cleavers, which are almost always mastered, healers and tanks takes FAR to long. Having another way to lvl should always be an alternative. While I realize that killing random mobs is another way (VERYslow way...) to lvl, I think that Quests could be the way to help people who want to spend time to lvl, BUT can only do it on there own time.

So, here's my Suggestion: The comand /quest accept. Every body has seen all of the different NPC's around Spawn, so, why not give them the ability to say, "Hello hero, I have a task for you...." In your chat box, which is followed by "If you wish to accept this Quest, Typ /quest accept then click the quest giver." or somthing of such.

Perhaps the Dungeon team,(If there still running) can create dungeons around the map of different difficulty, were as a "Dungeonkeeper" would be there, giving quests. This could lead to very creative awards and, possably, Skills. There was a suggestion about Skill trainers. So why not implenent that with Quests? Each class spec could have there own trainer, infact, what if to gain a skill, you had to defeat the NPC in a duel. But that is another Idea for another post.

Ok, so, many people will be thinking HOW you can make a quest that won't be easy to just use money to complete quests. Actualy, that could be a way of jump starting a value of an item on the market. Items like endstone, flowers, spider eyes, REDSTONE, so many different idea's that Probly only the rarer loot should be used.

I also have an idea for a different typ of quest: Killing quests. While many quests could require items, deafeting certain entities would be a MUST. I do not think it would be hard to, when you accept a quest, make a tick for every monster or player you kill. Mabey even making it so the FIRE item could be used. So example: You accept a quest to kill 20 skelletons, When you complete it, the server could throw a FIRE item to you, Which you will need to complete the quest.

Now to wrap it up, there should be a limit to how many quest you can do each day, im thinking 50-75. And because MA's would still be around, Make then harder. With 4 cleavers, and 1 cleric, you can complete it so fast its not even fun... Any ways, thanks for reading!

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
There is already discussion on adding quests to this server. I do believe it is under construction, but I might be wrong.

I myself would enjoy doing these quests, more fun then slaughtering other people =P