• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Suggestion] Remove global override of token XP boost (PVE)

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
Yesterday an individual utilized his loot chest XP boost on Sanctuary, granting 1 hour of 150% XP boost. With 48 minutes left in the boost, another person purchased a global 200% XP boost, which effectively canceled out the remaining portion of the token XP boost. At the end of the global boost, Sanctuary was not able to enjoy the remaining 48 minutes of the original boost. I believe that it should have.

Regardless of whether the overriding is intented or not, as an individual who has spent USD to purchase crates and had this happened to me, I would have been upset that my "reward" was effectively nullified. It was pretty clear in /o chat that the unanimous voice of those on Sanctuary collectively cried out "Please give us our remaining 48 minutes," with such a plea led by the person who chose to use their token at that time.

I hope that in the future such bonuses will be cumulative in one way or the other: either the original boost is allowed to run before the new boost takes place; the token boost is put on pause until the overriding global bonus is completed and then allowed to run its remaining time; or the server that the token boost will be given that additional percentage tacked on to their boost (i.e. a 350% boost for Sanctuary in this situation).

Thanks for considering my suggestion,

-yav

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Tokens are per-world and via the code for it will not allow communication cross-server. Those tokens override current settings.

The EXP Boosts purchased will override everything.

@Coders

in a perfect world, we'll have a queued system where instead of overriding, it'll just queue its boost in.