• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [Staff] Malicious Intent Warrants Higher Degree Punishment

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Hello, everyone. I'm writing this in the sheer wake of a town, my town, that was recently ravaged by a serious of unforgivable, vicious in-raiding. I can count 5 people offhand that joined Oblivion to desecrate our households and damage our players. I can surely say that when people join with an intent of harm, much more action needs to be done. These actions can simply not be condoned.

I don't know if admins and mods, who are much less attached to specific communities and are more to the whole general community that is HC, are able to see this, or its effects. Personally, when my town was hit in a week by multiple thieves, it hurt hard, right to the gut. Recovery is possible, but it is tedious. Maintaining communities after consecutive incidents such as these is an incredible feat at best.

In regards to the true facts on the situation, I know some PE's were issued and, last I heard, one guy at best got a 3 day temp. No one else had gotten reprimanded for their actions.

Maybe I'm affected by the fact that five members of my town have left for other affiliations, including two that turn coated outright. Oblivion has certainly been riding riptides recently, in fluctuations of instability, due to malicious intent. There are certainly many other issues I could bring up that contribute to this, but would almost be entirely irrelevant to this post. :p

I may just be a second in command to a town to some people, but I have certainly witnessed the consequences of malicious intent. To end my rant, I just want to ask, dare I say plea, for admins and mods alike @Kainzo, @Brutalacerate, @Lastivity, @Neotetro, and everyone not tagged to take malicious intent much more seriously, and on a grander scale. Many thanks for taking the time to read through my post.

- Left

WoleverEntun

Legacy Supporter 3
I can relate to this, Lightforge has has many betrayals in the past, and each time, we've lost members to other towns, not to mention un-rolled back chests and a general feeling of degeneration. But we've gotten over it each time, and now we're larger than ever! I agree with you here.

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
I'm pretty sure if it's not the first time a player has maliciously joined a town then it should be a much more severe punishment.

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
I agree with this one hundred percent! Townships require a lot of dedication and hard work and to have that stolen by someone who abuses their privileges is highly frustrating! The only thing that bothers me more is that people get away with this with little to no disciplinary action.

Rumblestikk

Legacy Supporter 6
I will be speaking on behalf of Windhelm here.

I have to Totally Agree with @leftovers5. I hope the Admins will see this post. I feel there needs to be a higher punishment for the people that join just to steal from a town.

While Windhelm doesn't have a huge list of names that have stolen from the town. We do have a few. One while I've been apart of Windhelm and we were lucky enough to realize before he made it out of the town, and killed him to get everything back. The mods only told us that he would be "Delt With Accordingly." A day or so later he was at temple trying to get in with us. Imagine how well that went over on Teamspeak.

It's a pain to watch your stuff be stolen. Especially when you think everyone in your town is trustworthy. This turns people, like myself, who deal with applications for their town to question if the person is really reliable. This leads you to being suspicious and you are always on your toes. While this is a hardcore server, I like to think I shouldnt need to be weary of my own town mates.

Thank you leftovers for bringing this up. Sorry I typed a essay, but this does need to be addressed.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
This won't be an issue when sub region stuff is completed.

We have a standards of practice for warnings/bans. 90% of the time we will follow protocol.

Townships need not rely on blocks over chest for protection and instead invest in LWCs more openly - (yes I realize they are more expensive - something else we want to lower the cost of for townships)

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8

We have a standards of practice for warnings/bans. 90% of the time we will follow protocol.

Townships need not rely on blocks over chest for protection and instead invest in LWCs more openly - (yes I realize they are more expensive - something else we want to lower the cost of for townships)

Now that's a response I like to hear. Thanks Kain!

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5

@leftovers5 @Rumblestikk This issue was far worse (in my opinion) last map on Zeal. I've had my fair share of issues in towns past but what Kain says is right. LWCs are the way to go. We used to give mayors discounts and high limits on LWCs so towns doing well could afford to give it's members locked chests. We also used to have child regions, which went a long way for township protection.

Where those things are now, I don't know. However if what Kain says is true, they will return.

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
Dielan's absolutely correct. It used to be that we didn't even have a rule regarding this- people would freely join, steal, and there'd be no punishment and no rollback whatsoever, not even in some cases until the rule was established.

LWCs definitely are the way to go. You won't forget to lock it, other people can't steal from it, and your precious valuables will be safe.

I find that the biggest problem with this is that the stuff thats stolen is not returned to the town which allows for huge blows to be dealt to towns. When my town was griefed we lost tons of gold and equipment, if the stuff was returned it would make it much easier on us.

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
It used to be legal to grief in towns. I left someone on my region who was doing mason work for me, and it backfired and he griefed my town's valubles. But yeah, just a story from last map.
If I could like this a million times, I would, I'm psyched for sub regions, :D

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
@leftovers5 @Rumblestikk This issue was far worse (in my opinion) last map on Zeal. I've had my fair share of issues in towns past but what Kain says is right. LWCs are the way to go. We used to give mayors discounts and high limits on LWCs so towns doing well could afford to give it's members locked chests. We also used to have child regions, which went a long way for township protection.

Where those things are now, I don't know. However if what Kain says is true, they will return.
Planned to return - understaffed - blah blah - someone find me a region coder :(

wolfboy494

Legacy Supporter 5
There's always this thing in the back of your mind when you recruit some1, you never really know.
I'm happy for sub-regions. =D This was a problem for every1 serious town. :/