• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Speed up your minecraft [video]

L0ading_

Legacy Supporter 1
I didn't make this video, all credits go to the guy talking, however i tested it on my laptop and it works like a charm.
Link
overview:
Short tutorial showing how to create a RAM partition to allow to run minecraft from your RAM instead of your ROM. Safe, moderatly easy, might slow your computer a bit if you are short on RAM, but increases Minecraft rendering.

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
you do realize basically your making more ram on your pc. ie the RAMDISK bit.
your allocating more ram for minecraft.

>_<

RAM Disk is a high-performance RAM disk application that lets you have a disk on your computer entirely stored in the memory. As the memory is much faster than physical hard disks, it makes sense to store temporary data on a fast in-memory disk to achieve a higher performance. Whatever your job is, read on to find out what a RAM disk can offer you.

The program creates a virtual disk residing in the computer RAM accessible in Windows Explorer and other applications, allowing you to store any temporary information on this disk.

Furthermore, Windows can be configured to use the disk for temporary files, so the system and most applications will use the fast in-memory disk for temporary data.

As Windows and third-party applications often create a large number of temporary files for a short time only, using a RAM disk will extend your hard disk's life by sparing it from excessive reading and writing.

yeah.... good luck :) if it works for you more power to you.

Afforess

Glowstone
I didn't make this video, all credits go to the guy talking, however i tested it on my laptop and it works like a charm.
Link
overview:
Short tutorial showing how to create a RAM partition to allow to run minecraft from your RAM instead of your ROM. Safe, moderatly easy, might slow your computer a bit if you are short on RAM, but increases Minecraft rendering.
This doesn't have any effect in Multiplayer, since all of the map is already kept in RAM. It only makes a difference in Single Player, and not that big of one.