• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion "Socket items" continual being developed?

Beau_Nearh

Portal
After having a quick browse though the herocraft wiki, I managed to wonder Into the 'custom items' section (link will be provided below). After scrolling though all the custom items, weapons ect. I came across "socketing items". The only "socket" listed is a "symbol of strength" which gives "+2 strength" (possibly +2 strength levels within the strength attribute). Now I'm unsure if this is going to come into the general custom items however I have seen that no one has even mentioned them on the forums (send links if you do find any threads regarding them).

The potential of theses is huge! Especially relating to the role playing element of this server (and the rewards, think of the rewards. Oh and also new game mechanics, dur). Now this post my be irrelevant but I'd like to know if these "sockets" are still being developed or if in fact they've been abandoned (please don't tell me they have been). As well as this, I'm asking you, yes YOU. The person reading this, what would you like to see explored with these sockets. What effects, attributes ect that you'd like to see be implemented. Even giving the player access to another special skill, I want to see it! (Please make them realistic and sensible?).

Now this might cause a clusterfuck (please god no) so I'm asking anyone who is making a suggestion to possible effects/ attributes of these sockets to use the following format so it's a lot easier to review. (Also helps archive these ideas in a nice format for future possible use? Ps: now is a great chance to expand on the lore of certain classes/ cultures;

[Name of symbol/ socket] -
[Grade/ rarity of item] -
[Properties/ effects item has] -
[Description] -
[How to obtain item] -

Here is an example of a suggestion using the format (look how nice and clean it looks!);

[Name of symbol/ socket] - Socket of Druid tears
[Grade/ rarity of item] - Uncommon.
[Properties/ effects item has] - Adds +40 HP OR Adds a passive 1HP regen effect (very very slow regen).
[Description] - Those who are lucky enough to find such an uncommon socket are rumoured to have been blessed by the Druids of Dark Oak Cavern.
[How to obtain item] - This item would be a uncommon drop from witches.

The wiki link I promised you earlier(I didn't forget, the socket section is right at the bottom FYI); http://herocraftonline.com/wiki/Custom_Items

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Sockets and gems will be coming eventually, though it is still only in planning. Some time ago it was talked about with some controversy. The spot on the wiki is solely a placeholder.

It will certainly add a whole new level to Herocraft.

You can read a bit more of people's opinions here:
http://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/jewelcrafter.46476/

Okay, I'm glad to hear it hasn't been left and forgot about, cheers for the link. I'll he reading into it a bit more

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Part of custom items, socketed items will have a large role in the items system and professions will be centered around it.

Sweet, I'll be looking forward to how it's going to be implemented in the future!