• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Skill Bars

Would you like to see this implemented? (Not if it can work or not!)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

epicwin324

Legacy Supporter 3
This would probably, I'm assuming, be an extremely difficult task to accomplish, but I was wondering if it was possible to create a skill bar for Spout users. When you think about it, RPGs are knowns for picking a class, leveling it up, then unlocking new skills for it which you get to use in your handy-dandy SKILL BAR, however in HeroCraft (Though amazing) doesn't have one of these. Essentially, you have to rely on binding things to items, which can be a pain to swap through during PvP, or keybinds which are very limited due to controls already set in place by both Spout and Minecraft. If it were possible using Spout, maybe some simple skill bar could be made, in which it would have some sort of easy system that can apply to all classes. There would be some sort of menu to it which would assign a number to each slot. Ever skill has a number based on when its unlocked. For instance, Fireball would be number 1 on the slot, then Scan would be number 2. Then going further, you could add simple icons to the slot, much like party frames. Basically, I thought that a spell would have the magma cream symbol, then a melee attack would have a sword, a healing spell would be a book, and a ranged non-magic attack would be a bow. Then you could hit the number on your keypad associated with the skill, and use it.

Now I know what you're thinking is, "If you're just going to use keys do it just key bind it." However, this becomes a hassle because we can't physically see the cooldown on a skill, and we have to rely on text! The main point of this would not have to always look at the chat box to see if your skill landed, or if you in fact ARE buffed and not under the impression that you are. You could see all your cooldowns in the skill bar, and maybe boxes for buffs and debuffs as well.

Overall, I can't really suggest and guidelines on how to do it as I am not a coder, but I am suggesting this, because I feel that not only will this make combat more enjoyable, but it will make the server feel more like an actual RPG.

*Important Note* As a player, I have no idea of this being possible, or how it can be created in the first place. I'm only offering an idea, and hope that you won't get upset with me for trying to brainstorm an idea that is impossible.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Your poll options are slightly non-neutral, haha. Anyway, one thing I wouldn't like about a skillbar is with the chat window and the health bars and stuff, skill icons would take up more valuable screen space. It would be a nice feature, sure, but not one that I really feel strongly about either way.

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
Before I get started, I'd just like to point out that you can easily "unbind" spoutcraft/vanilla minecraft bindings and rebind them to something else or (if desired) to a key you'd never hit in a million years. Works for me :3

I don't think I can agree with this, but I do think it would be a good idea to implement a cooldown timer somewhere - similar to the combat timer. I do not like the skill bar idea, as it would take up a lot of needed space on your screen (especially considering that there are some abilities that I'm sure would never be touched). Also, I don't like the idea of having your keybinds set for you. A lot of people bind different spells to different keys. I don't want my spells bound to a place where I don't want them to be.

On another note, an HUD of some sort displaying buffs would be a neat idea as well (showing quicken, might, debuffs, etc. again the issue is sceen space).