• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

''Server is Full''

ForTehZZZ

Coal
Wow. First time I have ever seen this server full! :)

But, this can be a problem. With the new map up and running, more players online. This means that not everyone will be able to get on! :(

Hmm.. are you doing something about this? Like more players online at a time? 200 maybe? :)

Just asking.

carmeops

Legacy Supporter 5
it lag like hell on a new map ^^ and, we got 100players in the same time, so it would be difficult to raise the limit for now :p but i'm sure it will one day

if you want to be sure to enter the server: donate to be on reserver list ;)

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
The cap, for the moment is at 115 - if it starts lagging worse - we'll be putting it back to 100.

Gotta play it by ear for now.

but what about the people who will go afk for 30 minutes or so just so that they don't have to keep clicking to get in, while other people are trying to get in and will be playing while this other person isn't doing anything.

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
As a mod who plays from work sometimes, I also go afk to attend to my work duties. It's nice to be able to juggle my work in-game with my work out-of-game without having to log in all the time. I'd like to keep it that way.

Hmm... didn't I see something a while ago where you could replace the number at the end with another number? Like, 25565 is the main server, but you could type in... 1805 or something like that and mess around on a test server.

Doogler

Legacy Supporter 2
Ive heard many people joining the game angry because of how long it takes to get into the server due to the low player cap. Im saying this thinking a higher cap will not cause more lag.

RedEchoRanger

ICE ICE ICE!
How big could the server get? I know the server is full all the time cuz of heroes and the new map, but what if the average people online does stay up? Would you guys look into into raising the cap to 200? :eek: I know nothing about internet hardware and what not just saying.

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
Ive heard many people joining the game angry because of how long it takes to get into the server due to the low player cap. Im saying this thinking a higher cap will not cause more lag.

How big could the server get? I know the server is full all the time cuz of heroes and the new map, but what if the average people online does stay up? Would you guys look into into raising the cap to 200? :eek: I know nothing about internet hardware and what not just saying.

Astute players will notice that we've been playing with the server cap constantly to find a good balance between capacity and reliable speeds. Earlier today there were 87/85 people online, and Kain told us 20 more were spamming the server trying to get in. Being able to look back on a day when I donated to be able to get in while the player cap was at 40, I'm proud today to be able to play on a full server with a player cap of 101.

carmeops

Legacy Supporter 5
i remember a time when kainzo upped the cap to 75 and was gratified like a god
now people are angry when he lower the cap near 85, try to found the logic :p

having 85 persons, at the same time, in the same private server, for an beta buggy game: IS AMAZING!