• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Poll] Request: Please Bring Villagers Back

Should Villager trading be allowed back on Herocraft?

• Total voters

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
@Kainzo @TheYeti @Danda @Xanipher @Admins @Balance Team @Jonsoon @Irishman81 @anevia @ShadowRavynn @archceaser @cx3 @darksilverjesse @Galaxial @Steve_Hazard @Silverquick @gusbus18 @massacregamer @WitchOnaRampage @baseball3600 @Danblockris @hilltim1 @Noobicabra @boucher410 @Weikauno @Deztrox @iPadHD @Simphire @Heruohtar @odog127

I am petitioning for Herocraft to bring back vilager trading. HC members, please vote and show your support below with a post below.

There are numerous reasons for this request, which I will detail next:

1) Removal of villagers has not reduced lag. The lag spikes are just as abundant (and long) with some lasting as long at 10 to 12 seconds. Attributing the lag to villagers has been a failed experiment.

2) Villagers are a fundamental part of Minecraft. They are largely a part of the vanilla game, and deserve to be part of the trading and exchange system of Herocraft.

3) Trading with villagers brings variety and abundance of good items to Herocraft. One person today said in game "Eventually everyone will have everything they want, and the economy will go flat." Villager items allow for a greater amount of items for people to spend their money on, thus delaying the "flatness" of the economy that was prophesized.

4) Items such as silk touch and fortune are needed in the game. They allow for more efficient mining, better building, and enhanced trading.

5) Fire Aspect and other weapons/armor are available only through villager trading. These items are extremely helpful for both Lost Souls and specialized classes.

6) Villager trading keeps the profession of Merchant balanced with other professions. What good is /summon villager when they can't be traded with?

7) Villager trading gives value to mining emeralds.

8) The book exploit with villagers has been fixed. There are no exploits presently associated with villager trading.

9) Villager trading takes time, energy, and effort...and it requires resource gathering, ecourages trading, promotes teamwork/townmember collaboration.

10) Villager trading provides yet another branch of fun for those who play Herocraft. It diversifies HC so that it isn't simply PVP folks who get cool items, and it will allow PVE to have some fun items too.

Respectfully, @Kainzo, I request that you bring back villager trading.

Humbly yours,

-yavool
Tier 9 Contributor

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
@Kainzo @TheYeti @Danda @Xanipher [USERGROUP=9]@Admins[/USERGROUP] [USERGROUP=38]@Balance Team[/USERGROUP] @Jonsoon @Irishman81 @anevia @ShadowRavynn @archceaser @cx3 @darksilverjesse @Galaxial @Steve_Hazard @Silverquick @gusbus18 @massacregamer @WitchOnaRampage @baseball3600 @Danblockris @hilltim1 @Noobicabra @boucher410 @Weikauno @Deztrox @iPadHD @Simphire @Heruohtar @odog127

I am petitioning for Herocraft to bring back vilager trading. HC members, please vote and show your support below with a post below.

There are numerous reasons for this request, which I will detail next:

1) Removal of villagers has not reduced lag. The lag spikes are just as abundant (and long) with some lasting as long at 10 to 12 seconds. Attributing the lag to villagers has been a failed experiment.

2) Villagers are a fundamental part of Minecraft. They are largely a part of the vanilla game, and deserve to be part of the trading and exchange system of Herocraft.

3) Trading with villagers brings variety and abundance of good items to Herocraft. One person today said in game "Eventually everyone will have everything they want, and the economy will go flat." Villager items allow for a greater amount of items for people to spend their money on, thus delaying the "flatness" of the economy that was prophesized.

4) Items such as silk touch and fortune are needed in the game. They allow for more efficient mining, better building, and enhanced trading.

5) Fire Aspect and other weapons/armor are available only through villager trading. These items are extremely helpful for both Lost Souls and specialized classes.

6) Villager trading keeps the profession of Merchant balanced with other professions. What good is /summon villager when they can't be traded with?

7) Villager trading gives value to mining emeralds.

8) The book exploit with villagers has been fixed. There are no exploits presently associated with villager trading.

9) Villager trading takes time, energy, and effort...and it requires resource gathering, ecourages trading, promotes teamwork/townmember collaboration.

10) Villager trading provides yet another branch of fun for those who play Herocraft. It diversifies HC so that it isn't simply PVP folks who get cool items, and it will allow PVE to have some fun items too.

Respectfully, @Kainzo, I request that you bring back villager trading.

Humbly yours,

-yavool
Tier 9 Contributor
TBH If Great Picks of Notch Can Have FOrtune I think Villagers should be re-added, only real problem was Fortune being really OP

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Unfortunately, we will not be bringing back villagers in their previous state. It was an unchecked economical issue and massive issues with balancing protection.

They will not be back in the state they were in due to the over-balanced nature of their trades.

SILKTOUCH
FORTUNE
SHARPNESS
PROTECTION

And any other item obtained from villagers will now have a set value.

are coming back as the PHYSICAL CURRENCY rewards :)

Last edited:

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
I am glad they are gone. Can't format my responses better as I am on my phone.

1) that's an unfair comparison since there is three times as many players online compared to the massive villager farms of late game on Haven.

3) this is still true with villager trading on Heroes Landing

4) they are still obtainable on Heroes Landing and they will even have an INCREASED vale.

5) again, available as rare drops and trading on Heroes Landing.

6) merchant was OP to begin with. Everyone just switches out of it once they create the shops anyway.

7) villager trading deflates the value of emeralds since it introduces easy ways to farm them. By NOT trading them, they are worth much more and it will actually be a challenge for some people to gather them for towns and mana uses.