• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

ALERT Operation: Save Shrine

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Over the next week or so I will be overhauling the Shrine spawn area to make it, to be blunt, not suck. Bear with me, as it is going to take some heavy-handed editing and may look weird while I work on it. Once that is finished, I will be addressing the transportation issues had by the terrain (installing roads, possibly rail lines). Remember, there are already Herogates in Shrine. Hop through the big portal in the new spawn building, or go find them in the Trade District

Thank you for your patience.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
UPDATE: March 23
  • The new spawn building has been placed and the area immediately surrounding it has begun to be terraformed. The large portal behind the spawn location leads to the Nexus.
  • The Trade District will remain where it is, with terraforming as well.
  • A regioned road in both the north and south directions from the spawn building has been constructed. This road leads to the map edges. Players may build up against it, however we are not allowing anything to be created that will allow blocks or liquids to spill onto the road.
As always, the Nexus is located in the Trade District, with Herogates.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
UPDATE: March 24
  • Teraforming around spawn is mostly done. Dug out more of the Trade District.
  • Much of what is underground will remain underground because it has a really cool ambiance. Can anyone find the buried castle? The Cave Forest?
  • West road has been completed to map edge.
  • East road was extended about 400 blocks, but I ran into a town. Will need to consider how I want to extend it in that direction.
  • Have asked a few architects who put in a lot of early work on Shrine for suggestions.

Osmodian

Legacy Supporter 9
The south road is currently running right through the edge of the town of Delve, is there any way we can get that bumped a bit more eastward at around 0, +1936 ?

I'm not too concerned with the road itself, so much as I'm worried that the roads build/grief protection might be part of what is messing with our town creation bug from petition #166.

Also a bit of a side-note: I've been working on making a railway that will eventually encircle spawn, as well as heading in all 4 directions with a few way-stations in between, but it's at y 41ish, not the surface. Currently the only tunnel completed is the southward one, but I was planning to make it a public railway anyways. Would that suit the needs of railway-travel? Or were you thinking of more a surface-train?

I was aiming to make it look like a 'dwarven steam-punk monorail', perhaps I could build a section and see what you think? =]

Last edited:

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
The south road is currently running right through the edge of the town of Delve, is there any way we can get that bumped a bit more eastward at around 0, +1936 ?

I'm not too concerned with the road itself, so much as I'm worried that the roads build/grief protection might be part of what is messing with our town creation bug from petition #166.

Also a bit of a side-note: I've been working on making a railway that will eventually encircle spawn, as well as heading in all 4 directions with a few way-stations in between, but it's at y 41ish, not the surface. Currently the only tunnel completed is the southward one, but I was planning to make it a public railway anyways. Would that suit the needs of railway-travel? Or were you thinking of more a surface-train?

I was aiming to make it look like a 'dwarven steam-punk monorail', perhaps I could build a section and see what you think? =]
I put in the road after you opened your PE. I'll see what i can do about it's location, but I may just go all eminent domain on you, heh. I'm sure you can work a small little road section into your town :). If you want to get on the railway, that'd be great! I would support your endeavor.

Osmodian

Legacy Supporter 9
I don't mind the road, you did a good job making it look all purty and stuff =]

I might try to make some ramps and roads around it leading to the town actually, but that's much later on... Is the build protection on the road blocks removable? So I can fancy it up a bit, and perhaps fix some of the bugged water tiles on the wooden road that was edited in a couple weeks ago..

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
Some kind of road-destruction rule would be cool... could make it worth adding stuff to the road, which could potentially be a fun project.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
The road is one large region. I can either temp grant players perms to it while I watch them make their edits, or they can request changes to link up to their roads. The region only encompasses the road; you can build up against it anyway.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Haha, I'll start it again on the other side of the town. They added in a good bit of road on their own, though

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Road expanded out past the town to the map edge. That finishes them.

Also, remember to check out our Shrine build competition here!

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Was thinking a bit. Would players want branching roads off of the main ones, or does nobody really care? Trying to make the map usable as it is, but some of the areas are pretty damn rugged.