• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Monsters and Combat causing problems

Vdog2028

Glowing Redstone
I have noticed several terrible issues involving monsters and combat. Let me tell them to you.

First and foremost, the "sticky feet" . Sometimes, about 3/10th of the time i fight monsters, i find that if i try to move i can't. If i take steps away from my block i'll just get sent right back to it, while the mobs still move freely towards me. This can cause death and there is nothing you can do if this problem happens.

Next is the duplicating monsters. Now, I've seen about 3 or 4 times recently that 1 monster (so far, creepers, zombies, and skeletons) will be chasing me. Then RIGHT to it more of the same monster will spawn. This might be a feature of a new update, i'm not entirely sure but i know its terrifying to be chased be 3 to 5 creepers with 1500 health at the same time when you're just a lost soul.

And also, the combat logging problems. Sometimes if i log out while NOT in combat, when i log in it displays a death message and all my items in my inventory dissapear. This has happened many times, and it's getting terribly inconvenient, as I've lost stacks and stacks of resources that were in my inventory.

That is all I've noticed in this topic of bugs.

Weikauno

Coder
And also, the combat logging problems. Sometimes if i log out while NOT in combat, when i log in it displays a death message and all my items in my inventory dissapear. This has happened many times, and it's getting terribly inconvenient, as I've lost stacks and stacks of resources that were in my inventory.
combat tagging lasts for about 15 seconds after your last hit to the enemy or from the enemy, so do not log right after killing something. Even if there's no danger the combat tag will stay, causing you to die if you log. Just be more careful and take that 15 seconds before logging off. :)

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
I have noticed several terrible issues involving monsters and combat. Let me tell them to you.

Next is the duplicating monsters. Now, I've seen about 3 or 4 times recently that 1 monster (so far, creepers, zombies, and skeletons) will be chasing me. Then RIGHT to it more of the same monster will spawn. This might be a feature of a new update, i'm not entirely sure but i know its terrifying to be chased be 3 to 5 creepers with 1500 health at the same time when you're just a lost soul.

Mobs scale in hp, difficulty, and xp based on the distance you are away from spawn. If you are seeing 1500 hp creepers, then you are about as far from spawn as possible...you might want to come back in a bit. ;) Re: the multiplying mobs, this is normal per vanilla MC I believe.

-yav

Joey_Beans

Legacy Supporter 9
If you are seeing 1500 hp creepers, then you are about as far from spawn as possible
My current mining area is basically right on the edge of the world limit, and the mobs there have roughly 2200 to 2500 hp, so 1500hp mobs are probably only about two thirds of the way from the spawn point at most.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
does combat logging actually cause death from pve combat? I could have sworn i have logged out many times when in combat from pve and havent died this map from it.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
My current mining area is basically right on the edge of the world limit, and the mobs there have roughly 2200 to 2500 hp, so 1500hp mobs are probably only about two thirds of the way from the spawn point at most.
Most people don't know that distance is what is calculated. Mobs at 0,1500 are weaker than mobs at 1500,1500

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
To remedy the sticky feet. Get a better internet connection

Royfaren

Legacy Supporter 6
does combat logging actually cause death from pve combat? I could have sworn i have logged out many times when in combat from pve and havent died this map from it.
I have died from combat tags on mobs before, but it's not consistent for me.

Vdog2028

Glowing Redstone
combat tagging lasts for about 15 seconds after your last hit to the enemy or from the enemy, so do not log right after killing something. Even if there's no danger the combat tag will stay, causing you to die if you log. Just be more careful and take that 15 seconds before logging off. :)
...Sir. I stated i was NOT in combat. I know the tag lasts longer. I mean i was eating food and regeneration hearts and THEN i logg off. And still a death message.

The "sticky feet" is a weird glitch where if you break a block while blocking with your sword (I think) then it glitches and for the server you are blocking, which somehow makes you get stuck in place. It happens a lot for me... especially when fighting creepers. Also, as far as I know, death on PVE logging does not exist; I have done it multiple times, even during an event once. ;)

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
Its skill lag. Happens when you use multiple skills in sucession on the same target. And it will go away with a faster connection. I know because it used to happen to me.

Vdog2028

Glowing Redstone
The "sticky feet" is a weird glitch where if you break a block while blocking with your sword (I think) then it glitches and for the server you are blocking, which somehow makes you get stuck in place. It happens a lot for me... especially when fighting creepers. Also, as far as I know, death on PVE logging does not exist; I have done it multiple times, even during an event once. ;)
I'm sure it does. I've died 90% from PVE logging.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
Pve logging must be random or something then, I mean there have been countless times where i have accidently hit an enderman and just logged immediately to clear aggro.

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
...Sir. I stated i was NOT in combat. I know the tag lasts longer. I mean i was eating food and regeneration hearts and THEN i logg off. And still a death message.

If you can eat food and regen health then you are not combat tagged.

Vdog2028

Glowing Redstone
Its skill lag. Happens when you use multiple skills in sucession on the same target. And it will go away with a faster connection. I know because it used to happen to me.
Thank you! Now i know how to avoid it.