• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [Mob Arena] Additional Boss Ideas

Nicolaos

Legacy Supporter 7
I noticed that other that the rather minimal difference in the shapes of the Mob arenas there is very little difference between the mob arenas. So in contemplating this I was trying to figure out how to differentiate them and figured different bosses might be a good idea. Here are some ideas I had:

Mob type: Giant
Description: A large giant that is adept at dealing with physical classes
Ability 1: Swat - I was thinking an ability similar to forcepush but possibly doing more damage ~20 or so
Ability 2: Slam - Does some amount of damage ( I was thinking 8-10) and throws people away akin to iron fist
Ability 3: Devastate - Does a large amount of damage unmitigated by armor
Additional Notes: If it would be possible to also give them some amount of armor I.e. Like what an Iron chest-plate would give I think it would give this an anti-physical feel to it

Mob type: Spider
Description: This would be a boss where the goal is to defeat the boss before getting overrun by cave spiders.
Ability 1: Summon cave spider - Every 3-5 sec it summons an additional cave spider to the fight. if you wanted to make it so that there was a much harder end to it you might make it start spawning more if he boss isn't finished quick enough.
Ability 2: Web - Webs a target like the necro spell
Ability 3: Poison - The boss's next attack will poison the taget like the poison I potion
Additional Notes: This would make a boss where killing it quickly is very important unlike the current boss where as long as you are careful you could last almost indefinitely against it with a healer.

Mob type: Ghast
Description: This boss would be the one that would be a nightmare for casters. To help keep it from being terrible for physical classes it would probably be best implemented in a low ceilinged arena.
Ability 1: Wail - Interrupts all casting within the arena and inflicts 5 damage (if it possible to detect if casting was stopped by this causing it to inflict additional damage for that would help contribute to the vibe I think this boss is to give)
Ability 2: Despair - Similar to the Necro ability but that it works like fetch distant in that it only hits those a certain distance from the boss
Ability 3: Song of the Dead - Deals damage equal to 50% player's missing health to them (i.e. if they were missing 10 hp they would take 5 damage
Additional Notes: This would be a boss that would teleport around as well and would force the casters to try and stay close so they don't get blinded so that they cannot see the boss to target it.

If I have more ideas I'll post them here later.

Troppics

Legacy Supporter 3
Absolutely agree, if any of these ideas are possible they should be implimented!

Bravo on the post btw :p

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
I am in agreement. Let's make MA's more interesting.... These boss ideas are pretty innovative, and I'd like to see some of these things in future MA updates, personally.

Jellybutter

Glowing Redstone
Wow, these are some nice Ideas. I think the spider one is my favourite, make it sort of like a time limit, then it'll unleash hell >:D

Nicolaos

Legacy Supporter 7
Heck you could make it start spawning more boss Mobs after a while to put a time limit on it

Admira1Ackbar

Legacy Supporter 6
I really like these ideas and including different bosses would add a lot of variety to the current mob arenas.

Having a special boss per mob arena would be really cool. The Giant seems like a good fit for castle in my opinion, as it could be the Giant's castle that you are invading.

shrimpy77

Glowstone
I like these boss ideas, I had one idea myself too :D

Chicken of Death
HP = 150
Flight - Flies around in the air to make it hard to target.
FlightBombing - While flying, 50% chance to drop bombs for 4 seconds (Bomb = egg, same dmg as fireball)
Plunge - After flight the chicken will plunge below and deal 30 hp to a single target, but be rooted for 3 seconds.

I also believe there should be 1 boss for every 10 rounds.

unknownloner

Coder
Legacy Supporter 7
I'm sure I can set up MA to be able to use hero skills given some time, but I'm not so sure on the AI side of things