• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Masonry practical at all?

glaivekill

Wood
I know this seems a bit similar to my public general discussion post, however the question is different.

Why should masonry be picked over engineering, ever? It seems there isn't anything masonry can do that engineers can't do as well. The obvious turn-around is masonry has a few limited mechanics which don't come close to the breadth of potential red-stone circuits in general bring to the game.

Why be a mason? Ever?

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
I know this seems a bit similar to my public general discussion post, however the question is different.

Why should masonry be picked over engineering, ever? It seems there isn't anything masonry can do that engineers can't do as well. The obvious turn-around is masonry has a few limited mechanics which don't come close to the breadth of potential red-stone circuits in general bring to the game.

Why be a mason? Ever?
Masons can set up Lifts, gates and Bridges. Engineers can none of those. Lifts, Gates and Bridges is always in need for towns, so try to sell your services or join a town and help them by making these things.

Ninjasofii

Gold
[quote="EtKEnn, post: 147823, member: 7385"
Masons can set up Lifts, gates and Bridges. Engineers can none of those. [/quote]

With limited space this is true, but as someone that uses red stone like its going out of style; Just about anything is possible. I can make bridges easily. Gates/walls are just as easy. Lifts takes a bit of extra work and some tricky placement of sticky pistons/circuits.

So I guess you would take Mason for convenience or because you are working with a very small space (or you just don't like playing with red stone :p )

agentjwall

Godly
I'm an engineer and a piston fanatic but Even I find some times when it's just more practical or useful to use Mason gate signs, bridges, lifts, et cetera. Especially when you want to have a big door or pit that open up, sure you could use pistons but the space required for it would be astronomical...

glaivekill

Wood
Thanks for the responses. I ask because masonry seems pretty interesting (especially after having seen it in action). Care to elaborate hydro? I'm not high enough to choose a specialized prof yet, but I'm still undecided on which way I want to go.