• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [MARKET] - Market Directory

Do you think creating a directory is a good idea?

• Total voters

MsGigi

Legacy Supporter 8
Since we have a huge market district that is rather confusing for those who don't go often or haven't been there yet, I had a nice little idea:

Why not create a sort of map/sketch/outline of the market place (kinda like a blueprint?) with numbers in place of each shop. Then, we would list those numbers, list who runs the shop, what they sell, and the cost for the items being sold. Also, we could list if they are buying items of a particular kind as well.

This way, it's kinda like a market list of what items are worth what on the market place so that we can look it up with better accuracy (acting as a guide for traders in Trade chat) and we can see who is selling what and compare prices.

Kinda like a "Yellow Pages" if you will.

Of course, this may require those who market in the MP to regularly update their prices but I think it would make the Market Place easier to navigate and find the required/wanted items to be purchased.

Thoughts?

@Kainzo

**Also, since I'm sure we have have several Markets now (aside from just the Spawn City Market Place of which I'm referring to), would it be a good idea to encourage cities, towns, and regions to create a directory (even if not equipped with a blue print) for the benefit and interest of their citizens? :)

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
This would be VERY useful! It took me a long while to figure my way about the TD and this would be a great way to get better accustomed to it.

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
I was thinking of this when I was in process of buying my Trade District shop, would be nice.

Cloverhook

Legacy Supporter 3
We already even have the numbering and ownership details via the thread for purchasing shop spaces... Seems like it should be easy enough to use that data, attach it to a map, and then get everyone to list their wares?

The trick, of course, is that last bit -- people are inherently lazy, and a shop's selection and item availability can change vary rapidly.

Maybe this would be something best handled by the wiki? Similar to how towns are supposed to have their own wiki pages, maybe require that shops have their own pages too? Connect them all under a "Market Directory" category, use a standardized template to format the pages, etc? Hell, we could go way crazy and have each page feature a copy of the map, with that specific shop highlighted. Maybe even make it so pages are only required for the mall shops and the actual shop buildings -- the Clocktower shops are by far the easiest to navigate, and the tent shops seem to be mostly unused. The buildings/mall spaces seem to have some permanency -- not a whole lot of turnover there.

Organizing by item/price would be tricky... I can't quite think of a good way to handle that. Maybe something as simple as standardized tags for each item, that could then be searched for within the market category?

The wiki needs some love, and this might be an excellent way to give it some extra utility.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
If someone gives me the dimensions of the entire trade district I would consider creating a map in my spare time.