• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

latency decreaser for online games

Latency reduser

• It improved my latency quite a bit!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It dosn't do anything

• It made my latency worse..

• Total voters

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
Ok so until resent I've had some harsh latency problems in-game and on LoL.
But then yesterday I found this ping/latency fix for online games.

Before downloading it yesterday I had 600-900 latency on LoL,
and after downloading it I got 80-300 latency, staying on 120 for most of the time(I NEVER had 80 latency before O.O)
Here's a quote of what it does:

What does it do?

"Leatrix Latency Fix will reduce your online gaming latency significantly by increasing the frequency of TCP acknowledgements sent to the game server. For the technically minded, this is a program which will modify TCPAckFrequency.

You will see reduced latency in many online games including Star Wars, World of Warcraft, Rift, Aion, Warhammer, Lord of the Rings, and more."
(Works on Minecraft and LoL too)

Info: http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info13581-LeatrixLatencyFix.html
Download: http://www.leatrix.com/

There is NO malware, viruses or anything in it.
Just check the info page, for more info.
There's also 99 comments on the info page, all of them saying how good it works :)
Fixes lag spikes too!

It even works for those with 50-100 ping!
Here's some comment quotes:

"600-700 before - 200-300 after"

"Windows 7 Professional X64
Before: 250 - 300ms
After: 18 - 30ms
Line Type: 24/3mb SDSL"

"This is amazing!
Before : 800-1800 Latency.
After: 55-66!"

"I was using FasterPing and always thought it wasn't doing as good of a job on Vista as it did when I ran XP. Tried yours... wow, big difference!
Before: 96ms - 123ms
After: 16ms thus far!"

"Went from 120 to ~56ms on a 8 meg connection in Vista."

"I was kinda skeptical but wow, this actually worked. Not only did it lower the latency on my visual meters on the screen, but it actually reduced the server lag I was experiencing also.

Before using: ~180-280ms

After using: ~90-120ms"

This works for windows xp, vista and 7.
Give me feedback on what you think!

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
So... this sends more acknowledgements to the game server, and that reduces ping? It seems like an awfully artificial fix to me, given that if the acknowledgements wouldn't have been sent, it's because there was something wrong with the packet you just received. I'll try it out and see if I notice any real improvement, but I'm a little skeptical.

Sleaker

Retired Staff
it reduces the time between when a packet is recieved and when the ack packet is sent back to the server letting it know the packet was recieved. Usually a computer will wait to send the ack request in-case of other information being sent, but in gaming where you're just getting pushed lots of data (and now that we don't have high loss connections like dialup) - there's a lot less of a reason to wait before sending the ack packet. It reduces latency because you no longer have the small break/pause between packets being sent by the server.

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
ahhh thanks Sleaker. I trust the words of a programmer far more than 98 random commenters, or worse yet, 98 commenters who play WoW >_>

Sadly the class I have that details what you just said will not be held until next semester. Networks sure is fun!