• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion /kit starter Welcome to Herocraft book

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
The book is lovely, but it wont encourage people to play if they think they have to read 41 pages of the terrible vanilla book interface.

New welcome to herocraft book:

Welcome to Herocraft, Adventurer!

Hc.to/rules - We are strict on these, ignorance is no excuse for failing to follow the rules.
LINK TO AHRALL'S NOOB GUIDE VIDEO ITS SO GODAM OP OP OP
Hc.to/wiki will answer any questions you might have about towns, private residences, locked chests, etc.!
/ch H is the in-game Help channel, and it is illegal to troll there so you can trust the informtion. But you knew that because you read the Hc.to/rules.

Good luck!

RagingDragon5

Portal
The book is lovely, but it wont encourage people to play if they think they have to read 41 pages of the terrible vanilla book interface.

New welcome to herocraft book:

Welcome to Herocraft, Adventurer!

Hc.to/rules - We are strict on these, ignorance is no excuse for failing to follow the rules.
LINK TO AHRALL'S NOOB GUIDE VIDEO ITS SO GODAM OP OP OP
Hc.to/wiki will answer any questions you might have about towns, private residences, locked chests, etc.!
/ch H is the in-game Help channel, and it is illegal to troll there so you can trust the informtion. But you knew that because you read the Hc.to/rules.

Good luck!

Most newer players won't go to a third party source to learn the basics of the game. When the book was made, I didn't expect people to read all 41 pages in a sitting. That is why I put in index so they can go to the part the feel is relevant at the time. I agree a book isn't as good as a video, but I believe it is way better than the tutorial Island we had so far.
Edit: It is also good to have multiple ways of people learning the game. Some may like Tutorial Island bettter, some my like the book better, and some may like the wiki better.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
1. Most newer players won't go to a third party source to learn the basics of the game
2.I didn't expect people to read all 41 pages in a sitting.
3.That is why I put in index so they can go to the part the feel is relevant at the time.
YouTube tutorials are a part of the minecraft community, we can safely expect that it will not deter new players any more than the current book. The video can be done in one sitting, thats what makes it better. Your index is severely limited by the vanilla book mechanic, one must flip page by page through the book.

Lovely work, lovely book, but I am still asking for a more easy information interface in the /kit starter, which would highlight the important pieces of information and make the server more attractive.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
YouTube tutorials are a part of the minecraft community, we can safely expect that it will not deter new players any more than the current book. The video can be done in one sitting, thats what makes it better. Your index is severely limited by the vanilla book mechanic, one must flip page by page through the book.

Lovely work, lovely book, but I am still asking for a more easy information interface in the /kit starter, which would highlight the important pieces of information and make the server more attractive.
Players now auto spawn with the /kit start items when they receive the welcome book.