• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Kingdom Questions

Kaliven

Gold
Being a Villain is certainly profitable, The Villain Project is going well.

We are looking at starting our second town, and we have a few questions about kingdoms, going forward.

I've heard that we need to make our second and 3rd town, 200 blocks from the main capitol,

just wanted to know if that is 200 blocks from center to center, or 200 blocks from edge to edge.

or edge to center, or anything thereof.

I queried this earlier, and I might of been afk when I got response so I figured I'd ask here where I can safely go afk.

elroy72 said:
Nope, asked Kainzo he said center!

I think we might need some further clarification here.

You're not supposed to build within 100 blocks of a township.

In which case it would be illegal to build close enough to form a kingdom using 200 center to center.

Assuming you have a capitol with a 125 block radius, the edge would be 62 blocks from the center

Then you have a town with a 75 block radius putting the edge 37 blocks from the center point. Factor in 100 block no build zone past that and you're looking at a minimum distance of 299 blocks from center to center.

So you could argue that the town sprouting up next to the capitol are allied, but what if the alliance falls through and now you have two townships built too close together.

TrinityDown

Legacy Supporter 6
I spoke to Kain on Teamspeak yesterday. That was the answer I received from him. Maybe I misunderstood.

TrinityDown said:
I spoke to Kain on Teamspeak yesterday. That was the answer I received from him. Maybe I misunderstood.

I don't doubt you, I'm just thinking this'll need more clarification in the light of conflicting rules.

TrinityDown

Legacy Supporter 6
Spongiform said:
TrinityDown said:

I don't doubt you, I'm just thinking this'll need more clarification in the light of conflicting rules.

Agreed. Kain did say that once a kingdom is going to be formed, he'll iron everything out. He said he is busy with keeping the server running and mods and stability and all. (From memory)

TrinityDown said:
Spongiform said:
TrinityDown said:

Agreed. Kain did say that once a kingdom is going to be formed, he'll iron everything out. He said he is busy with keeping the server running and mods and stability and all. (From memory)

We're in the planning stages now and are almost ready to start our 2nd and 3rd towns so placing them correctly is going to be vital to our success.

However, we know he's busy and has shit to do so we can wait for awhile :-D

TrinityDown

Legacy Supporter 6
Spongiform said:
We're in the planning stages now and are almost ready to start our 2nd and 3rd towns so placing them correctly is going to be vital to our success.

However, we know he's busy and has shit to do so we can wait for awhile :-D

Nice. KoE has 2 cities in the 200 block area if it's edges. If not, we can easily adjust by about 50 blocks (Thank you capital upgrade <3)

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Okay let me clear some things up - then re-ask questions.

If the intent is to have a TOWNSHIP - Kingdom - you may delegate the mayors / members to build within 100 blocks of our township. Just note, expansion will intersect rings (but this is fine with staff if its presumed to be a kingdom and theres no conflicts between towns).

So with that in mind. The max distance a town should be to be incorporated in a Kingdom is 200r (I know this may change later but its just one that was thrown out there). It may be further. The problem arises when a town half the map away wants to be in a kingdom that is VERY far away. We will have to work this out. There can be unofficial towns in the Kingdom - it just wont count directly to their Capital + Town + Town Quota. The purpose of a kingdom is to have several towns - under one kingdom. Much like An Empire has several kingdoms under it. (You are all MY children!)

So a town can build wthin 100r - if both mayors okay it. However, if there is a conflict - we will resume our position on no building within 100r and remove those who were there second.

Incoming VERY rough paint image - soon.
[attachment=48]
[attachment=49]
[attachment=50]
Any questions?

Kaliven

Gold
New question:

Can I transfer memebers from Blasphemy to Acedia and Gerudo without the 3 day wait period, or do I have to throw them out, wait 3 days, and THEN join them to the 2 new towns.

Danger Foire and Trinity, we're getting close to kingdom, we'll be @ capital and 2 towns by end of the weeeeeeeekk...

and can all 3 towns just keep the same /citizen so we can't attack eachother?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Kaliven said:
New question:

Can I transfer memebers from Blasphemy to Acedia and Gerudo without the 3 day wait period, or do I have to throw them out, wait 3 days, and THEN join them to the 2 new towns.

Danger Foire and Trinity, we're getting close to kingdom, we'll be @ capital and 2 towns by end of the weeeeeeeekk...

and can all 3 towns just keep the same /citizen so we can't attack eachother?

I think this isnt a bad idea to not have them wait 3 days, however to avoid 'hopping' even inter-kingdom - I think we may want some other form of restriction for kingdom transfers.

Kaliven

Gold
wouldn't kingdoms have a single member list? essentially a big town with 3 mayors?

I can post the other 2 town's list on Blasphemy's thread so you can see we're not trying to shell game.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Yes - although they would still need to be defined - if a township wished to leave a kingdom it can and would take those current members.