• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Item-Frames (w/ Maps) causing Bulk of Lag.

ShadowRavynn

Max Legacy Supporter
So why are we getting such horrendous block lag when mining still? Is that part of the maps? I think its worse today than any other time I have seen it....

Paul_Bakken

Obsidian
Yah, I noticed that today, too. Weird.

As far as item frames go, would it possible to put a message to the community saying, "You have X days to remove ALL item frames, if you want to salvage the items they contain. ALL item frames will be purged from the map at DATE/TIME." Then, at the appointed time, take the server down, do the World Edit, and be done with it.

tl;dr - Nuke it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
I'm just curious, is the lag because it's trying to track people and update the map when people build things?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
So why are we getting such horrendous block lag when mining still? Is that part of the maps? I think its worse today than any other time I have seen it....
because there could still be hundreds of item-frames out there WITH maps in them.

There's 500-700 item-frames loaded at any given point. How many of those are with maps? we don't know.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
Have all item frames been removed yet? I was told that they were, but I'm still noticing considerable levels of lag on a consistent basis.

All day I've been experiencing players teleporting around, skills refusing to go off, and rubberbanding in large quantities. I have confirmed with several players that this is happening to them as well, so it is not a client side issue.

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
Have all item frames been removed yet? I was told that they were, but I'm still noticing considerable levels of lag on a consistent basis.

All day I've been experiencing players teleporting around, skills refusing to go off, and rubberbanding in large quantities. I have confirmed with several players that this is happening to them as well, so it is not a client side issue.

The host was having some issues yesterday so that might be why you are seeing lag.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team

Newp - still removing frames. Trying to do this as painlessly as possible.

In addition - TPS overall is "much" higher but we're still seeing random and occasional spikes - that are not reading correctly at all in timings or visualVM.

at a loss of words - tbh.