• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

How does HC handle enchants?

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
Recently, many vanilla enchantments have been enabled on Herocraft. I would like some clarity on how these behave in HC, since our damage system does not align exactly with vanilla damage. (I know there was work done lately to put us on the "vanilla" damage system, but I still don't know exactly how that relates to the Heroes plugin, since we deal in HP not in Hearts)

Could I get some explanation on the following enchants (I'm going off this pastie):

"PROTECTION_ENVIRONMENTAL" (This must be the vanilla "Protection")
  • Does how does the damage reduction of this enchant work? I'm assuming it's only for physical damage. Is it for magic also? Is this an umbrella enchant that protects against projectiles and blasts also? There are separate enchants for these, but I would expect them to be covered under this enchant.
"PROTECTION_FIRE" (This must be the vanilla "Fire Protection")
  • Does this reduce the Heroe's plugin "Fire Damage" or just the fire ticks if you're on fire?
Vanilla "Thorns"
  • This doesn't appear to be listed in the pastie.
"PROTECTION_EXPLOSIONS" (This must be the vanilla "Blast Protection")
  • I assume this just reduces TnT damage.
  • What does this enchant do that "PROTECTION_ENVIRONMENTAL" doesn't?
  • What does "PROTECTION_ENVIRONMENTAL" do that this enchant doesn't?
"PROTECTION_PROJECTILE" (This must be the vanilla "Projectile Protection")
  • What does this enchant do that "PROTECTION_ENVIRONMENTAL" doesn't?
  • What does "PROTECTION_ENVIRONMENTAL" do that this enchant doesn't?
"ARROW_DAMAGE" (This must be the vanilla "Power")
  • Why is this disabled, but sharpness is enabled?

Thanks in advance for reading this long-ish post. Input would be much appreciated.
Kainzo Sleaker WitchOnaRampage [Witch - I tagged you since you might want to add this info to the wiki]

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
The enchantments should function "normally" in a vanilla setting now. We really need some testing done to ensure they do - but now since we don't modify damage/health in our own listeners - Bukkit should handle it.

We aren't disabling 'any' enchantments - fyi. Arrow Damage may work in the latest builds of Heroes but again, needs testing.