• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Herocraft FAQ - WIP

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
Q: I can't log on, how do I get whitelisted?
A: Everything you need to know about getting in to the server is written here.

Q: I just joined and got whitelisted, what should I do?
A: The first thing you should do is to choose a class and profession. Then you should try to join a town for protection, or at least make yourshelf a hidden base thats not too close to spawn.

Q: How do I choose a class and profession?
A: To choose a class you have to type in /hero choose class, there is 4 classes, warrior, rogue, healer and caster. You can read about them here. To choose a profession you have to type in /hero profession crafter, which is the only profession you can choose at the beginning.

Q: How do I level?
A: To level your combat class you have to kill mobs or other players. You gain crafter xp from mining, crafting, cutting, fishing and farming. But mining is the fastest way to level your profession.

Q: How do I join a town?
A: To join a town you should go into /ch re and ask if anyone is looking for new members.
You can also try to find a town that you like and ask/make an app to join here.

Q: What is MA?
A: MA stands for Mob Arena, you can go to a mob arena from the nexus portals. To join a round you have to type in /ma join name. This costs 1 diamond.

Q: How does shops work, how do I use or create one?
A: To use a shop you left click on the shop sign to sell, and right click to buy.
When creating a shop you place a chest, and a sign above, on the sign you imput the info like this:
1. Your name
2. Item amount
3. Price f.eks: B 7:5 S
4. Item name/id f.eks Diamond
This will draw 50c out of your total money and create the shop, following this example you have now made a diamond shop that sells diamonds for 7c and buys them for 5c. You only get 40c back when you remove the shop.

TBA

TBA

TBA

Q: What is spoutcraft?
A: Spout "is a framework to bridge the gap between single-player mods, and multiplayer Bukkit plugins. It allows access to additional server side API, and client side API for Bukkit plugins."

Q: Where can I get spoutcraft?
A: You can download spoutcraft here.

Q: How do I add keybinds while using spoutcraft?
A: To add keybinds on spoutcraft you go to options -> controls -> add shortcut

Q: Why should I use spoutcraft while playing on Herocraft?
A: Its not a must, but spout developers are co-operating with the developers of Herocraft and they are adding tons of features pointed towards Herocaft into their launcher. Such as mana bars, floating xp, dmg and healing texts etc.

More Q and A's are to be added, if you think something is missing please leave a comment about it :)

~kevinlive

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
wiki - http://www.herocraftonline.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
Its updated by players for the players :)

Spoutcraft faq- http://forums.spout.org/wiki/spoutcraft/

I do like the newcomer questions.
might try to fold your into this : http://www.herocraftonline.com/wiki/index.php/Category:Newbie_Guide

Then again, the wiki is hardly updated. Most of it is outdated, and you have to search to find what you're looking for.

We don't really have a good FAQ that answers most of what is to answer, yet.

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
then go update the wiki :)
only way it GETS updated is if players and users contribute.

its why we have a wiki, a common source of info rather then a sticked post in a forum.

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
then go update the wiki :)
only way it GETS updated is if players and users contribute.

its why we have a wiki, a common source of info rather then a sticked post in a forum.
It's easier to get info out of a FAQ, than it is to get info from the wiki.
Its faster, more reliable, and we don't have one yet. Which is why I'm making one.

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
i personally find the wiki to be faster and more easier to access.

no one updates it so information is old, we do have a FAQ.
http://www.herocraftonline.com/wiki/index.php/Frequently_Asked_Questions

you know how many forum posts i have seen with herocraft faq ? so many i lost count.
its hard to search a fourm for a faq, or for that info a player may need.

in the wiki, top right, enter term and it will search JUST our wiki. bam..
Info at your fingertips.

you work on your forum faq :)
highly recommend if your putting all that work into it, might as well post it on wiki :)

could even have it in both places :p

applelove

Legacy Supporter 5
i personally find the wiki to be faster and more easier to access.

no one updates it so information is old, we do have a FAQ.
http://www.herocraftonline.com/wiki/index.php/Frequently_Asked_Questions

you know how many forum posts i have seen with herocraft faq ? so many i lost count.
its hard to search a fourm for a faq, or for that info a player may need.

in the wiki, top right, enter term and it will search JUST our wiki. bam..
Info at your fingertips.

you work on your forum faq :)
highly recommend if your putting all that work into it, might as well post it on wiki :)

could even have it in both places :p
1. We have a guides section for a reason, it's very easy to locate.
2. The forums also have a search feature.
3. Both sources of information are almost always painfully out of date, and approach uselessness when players themselves don't post up new guides.

Last I recall, the wiki could only be edited by staff or approved folks. If it's still like that, it makes it even less convenient to post guides and information. Though, atleast now, Alente is probably not going to erase and undo edits to peoples' personal pages.