• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Help] Creating a personal region

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
I have been following the instructions regarding how to create a personal region as part of my Tier 9 perks...and can't seem to figure out how to make it happen. I followed the steps at http://herocraftonline.com/wiki/Residences and seem to be stuck at the /to shop /residence part... What does it mean to need 1 stone? Any additional help in creating this would be great.

Thank you,

-yav

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I have been following the instructions regarding how to create a personal region as part of my Tier 9 perks...and can't seem to figure out how to make it happen. I followed the steps at http://herocraftonline.com/wiki/Residences and seem to be stuck at the /to shop /residence part... What does it mean to need 1 stone? Any additional help in creating this would be great.

Thank you,

-yav
This system is changing and isnt what we "want" right now - but its a system we have.

hc.to/resguide should have the working system.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
What does it mean to need 1 stone?
It means you need 1 stone incorporated into the construction of the residence, within the regioned dimensions. It's an aspect of how the Townships plug in works - the create command checks for the presence of certain blocks. One stone was set as a minimal requirement for pers residences.

Ruger392

Obsidian
@Yavool when you do /to info (build your making) you can see you nee a certain amount of items incorporated in your build. Although many oppose this is what we have to deal with at the moment. Many builders like myself tend to hide the certain blocks we need under the buildings so we can use other blocks.

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
I guess the point I am trying to make is I cannot figure out how to make the region. I have followed the instructions to the best of my ability and it tells me I cannot make said personal region. It was underground, so I doubt the absence of a stone was the issue. By chance can someone step me through the process, step by step?

Thank you for your help,

-yav

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
/to unlock Tier9
You can see your limits by going to /to listall and looking under residences.

/to create Tier9 will spawn a chest in the center of your region (in the block you are standing) (do NOT break this chest)

To encompass the area you want, make sure you calculate how high the residence will go. For example, a 25x25x25 region will extend 12 blocks in each direction from the chest. Also make sure you have 1000s in your account, and be ready for daily taxes of 15s (I think)

Let me know if you need more help @Yavool

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
@Irishman81 that did the trick, thank you so much! You da man.

In the instructions, there is no indication of /to unlock

Listed below are the instructions as they are presently on the wiki:

Setting up a residence
Townships_3.0 commands are used to create your residence, and to add and remove player access.

In a nutshell, there are 3 steps to creating a residence:
1. UNLOCK your residence size.

2. POSITION yourself to create the residence.

3. CREATE your residence.

Unlock access to your residence size
  • Non-donors can build a Shelter size residence. This base size starts as unlocked.
  • Supporters can unlock their residence through the Townships shop. Type "/to shop", and then click on the residences tab.
  • You cannot create a larger residence than your supporter tier allows.
  • Residences require 1 stone within their space to build. This has to do with how the /to info command works.
Position your Residence
  • Residences, like all Townships regions, are cubes centered on the point where you are standing when you create the region.
  • The region will extend out in all directions (yes, this includes up and down) from your FEET by the radius given in the table above.
  • To position your residence, stand on the block that you want to be immediately under the center of the Residence.
Create your residence
  • To create your residence, type /to create [Residence name] (Again, refer to table above for residence names.)
  • When created, a chest will spawn at your feet, and the region will be generated in a cube around that chest.

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
Okay, so next question... there is no indicator of "Entering" or "Exiting" said region... is there a way to enable that in chat?

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Okay, so next question... there is no indicator of "Entering" or "Exiting" said region... is there a way to enable that in chat?
Not that I'm aware, I'll make sure to get the wiki updated, glad you got it to work.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Currently this only works for superregions.

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
Currently this only works for superregions.

@Alator, curious as to how I am suppose to know the edges of my personal region when there is no indication of it... it is difficult to enclose the area when the boundaries are intangible. Any ideas? Is the region a 27x27x27 square? Or is it like towns where it is a radius? Thanks :)

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
@Alator, curious as to how I am suppose to know the edges of my personal region when there is no indication of it... it is difficult to enclose the area when the boundaries are intangible. Any ideas? Is the region a 27x27x27 square? Or is it like towns where it is a radius? Thanks :)
Both towns and PR's are squares.
Your 27x27x27 region means from the center chest build 13 blocks and you hit the edge.

Example: O is the chest, X is a block
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X X X X X X X X X X X X X O X X X X X X X X X X X X X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X

It looks wonky cause the forums, but it should give a good picture of how it works.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
@Yavool this command shows you what is regioned: /to whatshere

Personal regions are handled by the Townships plug in, so the Townships Guide (under Regions) is the place for finding this detail. Not sure if you've found this yet. Also the Townships Commands page will be useful for you. Your comments on anything further that needs updating in the Townships Guide (or that is there but missing from the Pers Res guide) would be appreciated.

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
Thank you @minimike96, I appreciate it.

One thing though... I have been around towns that have glowstone rings above... those rings are in circles, not squares. Thus my confusion regarding the idea that towns and personal regions are squares and not circular with the radius (e.g.) being 13 blocks from the center on a 27x27 plot.

Both towns and PR's are squares.
Your 27x27x27 region means from the center chest build 13 blocks and you hit the edge.

Example: O is the chest, X is a block
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X X X X X X X X X X X X X O X X X X X X X X X X X X X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X

It looks wonky cause the forums, but it should give a good picture of how it works.

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
Will do, @WitchOnaRampage :) I had found the commands et. al.; luckily with help from the community most of the questions I had are now ironed out, except for the circle/square outer edge. I know personal regions before had the "now entering <PR name>; apparently now they do not. Personal regions used to be square in dimensions, but given that it now says that they are governed by Township 3.0, I wondered if that still held true, and without the boundary ("now entering/exiting <PR>") it is hard to tell.

@Yavool this command shows you what is regioned: /to whatshere

Personal regions are handled by the Townships plug in, so the Townships Guide (under Regions) is the place for finding this detail. Not sure if you've found this yet. Also the Townships Commands page will be useful for you. Your comments on anything further that needs updating in the Townships Guide (or that is there but missing from the Pers Res guide) would be appreciated.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Will do, @WitchOnaRampage :) I had found the commands et. al.; luckily with help from the community most of the questions I had are now ironed out, except for the circle/square outer edge. I know personal regions before had the "now entering <PR name>; apparently now they do not. Personal regions used to be square in dimensions, but given that it now says that they are governed by Township 3.0, I wondered if that still held true, and without the boundary ("now entering/exiting <PR>") it is hard to tell.
That are squares. So are SR's (The rings just show how far in they go in terms of N,S,E,W)

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
You can right click the ground with coal. It will tell you if you are in a region.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
They are squares. Superregions are squares with a glowstone circle (just how it was coded). The old system had the enter/exit message, the curent ones does not.