• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

HC Dungeons and Dragons Group?

Nightroado

Obsidian
A friend and I are looking to make a Dungeons and Dragons (4th edition) group and well, all the people we know aren't interested, lol. I use to DM a group before, but things got old playing constantly for a couple months. Now I am looking to put together a once/week deal and was wondering/hoping that we could make it into a Herocraft thing.

By Herocraft, I mean people from Herocraft and we have a channel we can use on TeamSpeak. The actually playing will be done on a program called MapTools. It's basically a program that will act as our tabletop. We keep a conversation in Skype so we can keep in touch and relay information or discuss things randomly between sessions.

I'm not big on role-playing, but I do my best to incorporate it in for those who are interested. Other than that, I love the combat and enjoy the variety of using different monsters, traps, and puzzles. I do try to make things challenging, but I picture the roll of DM as trying to get you to come close as dead as possible without actually killing you.

The campaign itself will be the main one involving Orcus and his cult who will be a recurring theme throughout the adventure. They are, however, initially a small sub-plot but as you get higher in levels, they eventually become the focus of the story. But that is a good way's away. You'll see all sorts of different maps, talk to random people of importance, deities, ghosts, etc., and slay all sorts of beasts.

So if I could get a yay or neigh to the TS channel or the whole thing in general, that'd be great. If you're interested in playing, you basically need Skype, Teamspeak, a character builder and the correct version of MapTools installed (will help you with Maptools and char builder). You need to be able to consistently show up to a session a few hours once a week (no-show people need not bother), but experience isn't required as we can teach you on the fly. No skills are necessary other than the willingness to try and the patience to learn.

If all that is peaches and cream, then post here with your interest. We only need a few people to make this happen.

Nightroado

Obsidian
I found a TeamSpeak to use and the people I need to run this group. So since there was absolutely no interest and got what I need elsewhere, I am retracting this offer.

I admit I was surprised there was -zero- interest in dnd on such a large rpg server.

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
I would like to play. But I don't really know how to play and I am quite busy with school and sports. I think I can get on in about a month.