• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Groups Plugin

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
Falsebook has a group system for player detection IC's, which essentially allows you to tell a detection IC to look for multiple people instead of just one person at a time. The problem with this system, however, is that an admin must edit the config file for falsebook each time you want to add or remove people from your group. And while I could just have multiple single player IC's, it takes up a massive amount of time and space to make it operate for a large amount of players.

I would like to suggest that a plugin be made which simplifies this process, and adds an in-game command that will allow players to create groups and add or remove people to/from the group. This system would allow for very complicated redstone traps, gates or other redstone systems which will react to these groups.
A way to moderate this function (and to help make sure people do not create a massive amount of these groups is to make it so only mayors/towns have permission to create and manage groups. Another way to moderate this function would be to add a cost to using this function.

Thank you,
Keache

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
We actually had a Friends list plugin that we pushed public but it only got picked up by a few developers so we eventually just canned it.

I see. That's unfortunate, but I guess all good things come in time. I can't wait for the day that we could implement something like this; it will be awesome.