• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Griefing

draconis99

Holy
Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
Students, it came to my attention that several of you did not do your homework and don't know what "griefing" is. Let us all turn to our googles and find the definition.
grief (ɡriːf)

n
1. deep or intense sorrow or distress, esp at the death of someone
2. something that causes keen distress or suffering
3. informal trouble or annoyance: people were giving me grief for leaving ten minutes early
4. informal come to grief to end unsuccessfully or disastrously

So if this is the definition of grief, then "griefing" would be acts to cause such feelings in others or one's self. Now class, can anyone tell me why "griefing" is a bad thing to do, as well as a bannable offense on Herocraft? Let's list some of the goals of Herocraft and some bad effects on how griefing may impede these goals:

GOALS
- retain playerbase
- have a fun environment
- keep real life drama out of a fantasy game world
- be able to roleplay

BAD EFFECTS OF GRIEFING
- makes players feel bad and want to leave
- makes the game not fun for those feeling grief when they come on
- creates drama and distress one can feel through a fantasy world
- ruins storyline buildup as well as epic adventures/projects

Well, now that we know a few reasons why griefing is bad, can anyone tell me how someone might grief?
Timmy: "Duhrr... I tink griefing is wen I plase blocks wur I shuldent teacher."
Duncan: "No dummy! It wen you break blocks you shuldent!"

Now now, you're both right, but there are many more ways people can grief. Can anyone else think of a few other ways besides the ones only retards can think of? Let's list a few of the possibilities:
- constantly following people with the intent to ruin the game for them
- ruining people's projects or structures to annoy or cause extra work for them
- joining an MA and trying to sabotage the efforts of others inside the MA

Alright, so now that we all know not to be annoying pricks or risk getting banned, what do we all NOT do? Come on now class, it starts with a "G" and sounds like "reef".
Majority of class: "Grief."

Very good class!
*bell rings*
Alright! Don't forget to do you're homework and remember your papers due on "why not to use cactus for toilet paper"!

Rumblestikk

Legacy Supporter 6
Why Not To Use Cactus As Toilet Paper.

When one sits down in the outhouse after a good days mining, sitting there on the john. It becomes a good place to think. I often found my mind wondering onto the context of "What else could we use as toilet paper?" After pondering on the possibilities of String, Wool, Leather, Rotten Flesh, Feathers or Diamond, I came to the conclusion one thing should never be used as Toilet Paper. Cactus.

Most of us Herocraftians are apart of a town and most towns have that one guy that tends to his crops and livestock all day long. Wheat, Melons, Cows, Chickens, Pigs, Pumpkins and Cactus. Ah Cactus. This plant looks like it could be used for many things like Food or Cuddling while in reality this plant is very dangerous. This farmer keeps an abundance of stock of Cacti, for whatever reason no one knows.

While pondering on how one would use a such plant as Toilet Paper I ran into certain situations that one would encounter if it were to be used. For instance, what happens if you run out and don't realize this before you sit on the john? Normally someone would be able to throw you some toilet paper, not a problem, right? With a Cactus throwing becomes a challenge in itself. Not only would it hurt if you were to catch it. Cactus would not be able to bounce if they missed with the throw therefore sticking to the wall or ceiling of the building or outhouse.

Another situation is it's flush-ability. If everyone were to use cactus, the sewers of the land will become plugged. Our Beloved Sewer MA overrun by Cactus, allowing for harder times in the arena. Eventually it would get so bad our overlor.. admins would have to unplug the sewers. I don't think Xanipher, Thunderjolt, Thamerwaste or even Lastivity signed up for that!

These reasons alone I choose to stick with my beloved toilet paper. It serves no problem when you run out, nor when you are done with your business! Why change something that isn't broken or serving a problem right? I mean if that couldn't convince you not to use it... think about wiping with it!