• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Griefing Rules] In general.

Do you agree (READ THE WHOLE THREAD FIRST)

• Total voters

petethepug

Wood
So I noticed that some of these rules on. http://herocraftonline.com/wiki/Category:Rules#Griefing and in the tutorial book claim griefing is not allowed, and I totally respect that, although on the last rule it claims you must place down crops when done with use.

What I find a bit hard to believe is that most non - regioned area's, forgotten city's, or inactive city's have farms like these, though because of the main fact that there no longer regioned, or a no longer valid place for protection, it would be difficult to believe that one has to re - plant there crops if there no longer active, or no longer play on the server.

To save the progression of a new player who tends to steal all the crops in a area, and just gets 100 stacks of carrots, or wheat, and uses it all for himself ruining the value of farming tools, sugar canes, wheat, potato's, carrots etc. Make it so only REGIONED AREA'S, and protected area's allow people to do so, this will not ruin the stock market of HC, and not ruin the experience of newbies out there playing (New players)

Pro's:
Allows you to grief un - regioned farms
Allows you to not replant them unless in a protected area
Allows newbies not to receive 100 stacks of carrots, or farming crops therefore braking the system of the stock market, and pricing of it.

Cons:
You can grief unregioned areas, or no longer protected area's.
People won't plant your crops back unless in a protected area OR if there's a note stating so.
You need to be active to pay for your city, and protection.
Will probably make carrot prices higher, or crop prices.

Xelarator1

Obsidian
It's common courtesy to place down crops after you take some; you scratch my back, and I scratch yours. It's not that much of a hassle, and I doubt farms need to be placed in overpriced protected regions. Also, the price of crops will always be low due to the fact that massive quantities of all crops can be made through large farms and/or stacks of bone meal obtained through mob grinding. These suggestions would only hurt newer players who are typically unfavorable in towns. Don't be lazy, and replant.

Last edited:

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I mean, if it's protected you can't break stuff anyway.....

Also, just because a town isn't protected doesn't mean no one lives there.

petethepug

Wood
It's common courtesy to place down crops after you take some; you scratch my back, and I scratch yours. It's not that much of a hassle, and I doubt farms need to be placed in overpriced protected regions. Also, the price of crops will always be low due to the fact that massive quantities of all crops can be made through large farms and/or stacks of bone meal obtained through mob grinding. These suggestions would only hurt newer players who are typically unfavorable in towns. Don't be lazy, and replant.
In general I only think that farms shouldn't be protected,
replacing crops is a understandable feature for Hero Craft, and I truly agree that replacing crops is understandable, though to do it on unregioned territory would not make sense, that's just like farming for strangers you don't know typically know in general, and working for them for free.
VS on regioned territory you know who you work with, and your well known with the job you do.

Its just like economics in general, and the government, you wouldn't work for a hobo, you would work for a boss.
I mean, if it's protected you can't break stuff anyway.....

Also, just because a town isn't protected doesn't mean no one lives there.
I have a un - rg area where I live, and I live there, but if someone stole my crops it would be understandable.

Xelarator1

Obsidian
Pro's:
Allows you to grief un - regioned farms
Allows you to not replant them unless in a protected area
Allows newbies not to receive 100 stacks of carrots, or farming crops therefore braking the system of the stock market, and pricing of it.

Cons:
You can grief unregioned areas, or no longer protected area's.
People won't plant your crops back unless in a protected area OR if there's a note stating so.
You need to be active to pay for your city, and protection.
Will probably make carrot prices higher, or crop prices.
In general I only think that farms shouldn't be protected,
replacing crops is a understandable feature for Hero Craft, and I truly agree that replacing crops is understandable, though to do it on unregioned territory would not make sense, that's just like farming for strangers you don't know typically know in general, and working for them for free.
VS on regioned territory you know who you work with, and your well known with the job you do.

Its just like economics in general, and the government, you wouldn't work for a hobo, you would work for a boss.
It looks like to me that you want to grief farms, but why? Are you unwilling to share your easily replaceable crops? When you farm, you don't farm for strangers, you farm for yourself, and if a stranger happens to pass by and take some crops, they should replant. If they don't, report it with a quick '/pe' . Again, not everyone can get onto regioned territory, and restricting players like this will, without a doubt, drive them away.

You should change your sig to say 'I Protest FOR Farm Griefing' , since it seems that's all you want to do.

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
working for them for free.

I have a un - rg area where I live, and I live there, but if someone stole my crops it would be understandable.
1. You wouldn't be working for them- you are taking their things.
2. If it is understandable for you then fine, leave it be for yourself but for those that actually work hard on their crops and don't want to deal with losing the time put into their growth and plating and harvesting, please don't speak for them as well. The Lorax only spoke for the trees because they all agreed, not everyone agrees with you.

petethepug

Wood
It looks like to me that you want to grief farms, but why? Are you unwilling to share your easily replaceable crops? When you farm, you don't farm for strangers, you farm for yourself, and if a stranger happens to pass by and take some crops, they should replant. If they don't, report it with a quick '/pe' . Again, not everyone can get onto regioned territory, and restricting players like this will, without a doubt, drive them away.

You should change your sig to say 'I Protest FOR Farm Griefing' , since it seems that's all you want to do.
Alright,
but that would be a little weird wouldn't you think? I mean.
1. The land isn't owned by a farmer, or anyone in particular.
2. Paying for land is hard at first, but I will make a thread to protest against paying 1K just paying for a block VS 500 blocks.
3. The farm problem would be on them since they are over all inactive now on HC.
1. You wouldn't be working for them- you are taking their things.
2. If it is understandable for you then fine, leave it be for yourself but for those that actually work hard on their crops and don't want to deal with losing the time put into their growth and plating and harvesting, please don't speak for them as well. The Lorax only spoke for the trees because they all agreed, not everyone agrees with you.
Then why is the Lorax not protecting the trees, and just the crops ;3.
I see empty fileds of trees every day, and ancient city's in the past now.

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
1. The land isn't owned by a farmer, or anyone in particular.
2. Paying for land is hard at first, but I will make a thread to protest against paying 1K just paying for a block VS 500 blocks.
3. The farm problem would be on them since they are over all inactive now on HC.
Thats why we have petitions, to claim land after someone has already done so. A waiting period is given to allow for the player to prove that they are active.
Alright,
but that would be a little weird wouldn't you think?
Then why is the Lorax not protecting the trees, and just the crops ;3.
I see empty fileds of trees every day, and ancient city's in the past now.
... That is not the point. You are the lorax and the other players are the trees. Do you have the support of all the players, I don't think so looking at the poll results.