• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Graveyards for newly generated terrain

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Too much pussyfooting about respawning in beds - its a flawed concept for a PVP server - if someone finds a user's bed in a region - all they need to do is camp them back to level 1. (Yes its possible to be camped to from 55 to level 1 but would take 500 deaths) - either case, Graveyards is the way to go because we can set them as no-pvp and allow users a brief moment or two to collect their thoughts and go back into the fray.

Something not found by bed spawning. I'm not opposed to more graveyards in the rim of the map, I'm just not the person to put them there! @Xanipher

MajorasMask

Ungodly
What whitemage said. Camped graveyards and walking back to your place is kind of Hardcore, but in a painfully contrived way. Sadly, I wasn't around when they were introduced so I'm unaware of the reasoning behind it, but didn't we get enough action when beds were still working?

The reasons for graveyards were to prevent bed camping.

weynard

Legacy Supporter 8
Too much pussyfooting about respawning in beds - its a flawed concept for a PVP server - if someone finds a user's bed in a region - all they need to do is camp them back to level 1. (Yes its possible to be camped to from 55 to level 1 but would take 500 deaths) - either case, Graveyards is the way to go because we can set them as no-pvp and allow users a brief moment or two to collect their thoughts and go back into the fray.

Something not found by bed spawning. I'm not opposed to more graveyards in the rim of the map, I'm just not the person to put them there! @Xanipher
Alrighty :3

MajorasMask

Ungodly
It would be cool to see 4 on the 4 corners of the map. Or 4 at the ends of the four roads out of Dragon! :p I wouldn't say anymore... but meh, that's just me.

weynard

Legacy Supporter 8
It would be cool to see 4 on the 4 corners of the map. Or 4 at the ends of the four roads out of Dragon! :p I wouldn't say anymore... but meh, that's just me.

Yeah, I wasn't suggesting we add a dozen or so, but the current ones were set up before the map was expanded. If we put up graveyards near the border, that'll serve future expansions as well.

Xanipher

Tea & Bacon
Retired Staff

Will do, I think we have some designs ready, if not, ill beat some architects and get it done.