• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [General] - DHX shops

Should DHX shops be removed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vongard

Legacy Supporter 7
What i am suggesting will make everyone's life harder and more dependent upon other players rather than the server itself, but i think it will cause more trade to happen as well as a better reason to go out and create shops in the wilderness rather than just in spawn.

DHX shops should be remove from the game entirely, besides The banker gold Shops. DHX shops create pull money out of the economy that used to be a necessary part of Herocraft, but now that taxes have been implemented there is no reason to have these shops. They create items that could be supplied by players and boost the economy of the server. If we remove the Redstone, Diamond and Gold (the 7c one in the clock tower) how much more people would be forced to trade.
A lot of the trading would be done through chest shops but it would create another viable way for a town to make money. Most towns would create a redstone shop at the towns nearest graveyard and would get a very easy source of pure profit rather than that moeny disappearing into thin air, by removing the DHX shops it would allow redstone to rise in price to a point of it being worth selling as well and cause real competition to happen in the economy for the best prices at graveyards.
Not only would this makes towns another profitable venture it would cause fighting over resources, if two towns are near the same graveyard think of the wars that could potentially break out over the best location and price. Not only would this cause a higher demand for redstone it would also make diamonds and gold more valuable if new players cannot sell gold for 7c to the DHX they will have to sell it to other players who can then turn around and sell it for more.

Thank you for your time please fully consider what you have read before posting.

Also mention why you choose the response you did.

RagingDragon5

Portal
I believe DHX shops are there to create price floors and price ceilings. Meaning that nobody would sell items too high, and nobody will buy items too low. If we get rid of that the prices would become ridiculous. Currently it costs 10c to buy a diamond from the DHX shop. People would put their diamonds lower so that they can get customers. If the DHX shop wasn't there people would start selling diamonds higher than 10c, and the lowest one could find a diamond might be 15c. Now lets look at people selling gold. The DHX buys gold for 7c, so naturally other people would by gold at a higher price to get business. Without that 7c shop, people would buy gold at a lower price because their would be no set standard for selling gold. The DHX shops are there to keep the economy stable, if we took that out we might as well just throw all our gold into lava.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
You say that but the DHX shops usually sell at extortionate prices and thus are kind of redundant. At the very least I believe the DHX Diamond shops outside of the MA should be removed.

Raging you're wrong in what you're trying to say about DHX shops keeping the economy stable. The only shop that was in the map for the first 3-4 months of the map was the Banker's Gold shop and a redstone shop in the clock tower. Prices then are nearly exactly the same as they are now. Prices are also driven down by people attempting to undercut other people's prices. In order to increase the price of diamonds at this stage of the map every merchant would have to work together and all bump up their prices which I don't see happening to be honest.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
I believe DHX shops are there to create price floors and price ceilings. Meaning that nobody would sell items too high, and nobody will buy items too low. If we get rid of that the prices would become ridiculous. Currently it costs 10c to buy a diamond from the DHX shop. People would put their diamonds lower so that they can get customers. If the DHX shop wasn't there people would start selling diamonds higher than 10c, and the lowest one could find a diamond might be 15c. Now lets look at people selling gold. The DHX buys gold for 7c, so naturally other people would by gold at a higher price to get business. Without that 7c shop, people would buy gold at a lower price because their would be no set standard for selling gold. The DHX shops are there to keep the economy stable, if we took that out we might as well just throw all our gold into lava.

MAs actually raised the price of diamonds. Before Sewer opened they cost around 4c, then they raised to 7-8c. Now they are lower again because the MAs have moved.
The DHX cost did not lower the price, it increased it because of demand.

Vongard

Legacy Supporter 7
Once Again, Stuff
I had thought this through aswell but at this point in time diamonds outside of ma's sell for about 5-7c and most players buy from the DHX anyway to avoid people ganking them while they purchase goods. This causes two things, One being diamond prices are so low (5-7c) that if i were to make a competetive shop at an ma i would make so little money that it wouldent be worth the shop cost or risking the diamonds to restock it. Secondly it means that even after putting all of the work to mule diamonds over, risking my goods, purchasing the shop, and finding a suitible location for it there is still going to be ALOT of people buying straight from the DHX or the closest shop anyway.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Well if the dhx shops are really a problem. Just beat it with better prices
Yes but the problem is people are stupid/lazy you give them too much credit. People just rock upto the MA and buy from the shop inside the region. The shops don't really serve much of a purpose so why not remove them?

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
The supply and demand economy isn't too practical in Vanilla MC. Nearly every resource is very easy to obtain, so that cuts down on trade a ton. The only reason we have trade on this server right now is because of the DHX shops.

Gold is 7c, and nearly useless.
Diamonds used to be about 4c, and very useful.

Gold was what ran the economy last map, because it was the only thing valuable. DHX is what made it valuable.
Note that last map, gold was more expensive than diamonds, even though in a supply and demand economy diamonds would be worth MUCH more.

Now diamonds are about 7c.

The only reason diamonds are a reasonable price is because DHX started selling them for 10c at MA's.

The only demand is for those few rare items (enchanted stuff, spawn eggs, etc.) and for what DHX buys.

TL;DR:
Taking away DHX would create an ineffective supply and demand economy. Supply and demand economies barely work on MC.
Taking away DHX would create an un-regulated economy.
Un-regulated economies don't work.
We need the DHX as the basis for our economy.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I think the DHX diamond shops should probably be chopped - they are there for easy access - if not chopped then the price should be increased or doubled... heh

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I think the diamond shops can be dropped, now that an average diamond price has been established.
An average diamond price was established before the shops came out lol
imo there was never a need for them :p

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Average as in decent, not average as in standardized :p

before it seemed like diamonds were underpriced.
Ye but tbh it was the release of the MA that increased prices not the sign shops :p

Increase in demand

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
If anything the chest shops stopped prices from being far to high
Diamond shops have never even been close to 10c. So imo it didn't even do that.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
The only reason I ever saw for the diamond shops was for when MAs very first came out and people would spend 10 minutes figuring out where to go only to see that they needed to bring diamonds. Now that MAs are well established and the price seems to have stabilized I agree that the DHX shops for diamonds should go.

As a side note the GY redstone shops should be reduced, they are ridonculous.

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
The MA's increased the demand for diamond, but the DHX diamond shops created a price ceiling. Shop owners tried to hug that ceiling as much as they could while still staying at a some-what reasonable price, so I guess it could be argued that the DHX shops influenced the diamond price as much as the MA's.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
The MA's increased the demand for diamond, but the DHX diamond shops created a price ceiling. Shop owners tried to hug that ceiling as much as they could while still staying at a some-what reasonable price, so I guess it could be argued that the DHX shops influenced the diamond price as much as the MA's.
Again you say that but the highest the diamonds ever went was 7c which is 30% less than the DHX Shop which tbh isn't "hugging" the price ceiling.

Even so it has still done it's job and currently serves no purpose.
As a side note the GY redstone shops should be reduced, they are ridonculous.
If you don't like the price don't buy from them. There is usually a player owned shop at the edge of the region that is usually half the price. Buy from those instead.