• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Exp Bug?

DrRidiculouz

Legacy Supporter 2
I was leveling today with devotedworker and Freezefire_ and normally where we kill things we get around 100-200 exp. I killed a zombie and got 10 exp. I killed a creeper and got 30 exp when I normally get 150 exp. Please fix, its impossible to level Necromancer now!

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
When you kill mobs in a party you get less exp, there was also a passive 50% exp boost for a while (Not sure if thats over)
More party people = less XP per person

DrRidiculouz

Legacy Supporter 2
I was in a party of 3 people and got 10 exp when I'd get nearly 100 exp from a creeper. Tell me how does that make sense?

DrRidiculouz

Legacy Supporter 2
What does a passive exp boost do? I just left party killed a creeper and zombie and got a total of 60 exp when I would've gotten over 200.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
What does a passive exp boost do? I just left party killed a creeper and zombie and got a total of 60 exp when I would've gotten over 200.
Mobs no longer scale.
All EXP has changed to base levels.
The passive boost made all Exp gains 150%.

So before: Creeper gives 100 due to scaling X 1.5 due to boost = 150 xp

Now: Creeper gives 60 due to no more scaling x(whatever the party modifiers are) = total Exp

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Scaling was removed in favor of boss mobs.
The mobs are being tweaked to be less OP (Bleed and Teleport have been lowered in frequency) & Kainzo is working on Loot Tables

DrRidiculouz

Legacy Supporter 2
Will the mobs spawn more often in PvP? I haven't seen any so far and I want to master this dang class already, but I can't do that without mobs =T

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Will the mobs spawn more often in PvP? I haven't seen any so far and I want to master this dang class already, but I can't do that without mobs =T
Oh, your on PvP.

PvP doesn't have mythic mobs, but scaling WAS removed. Spawn rates haven't changed.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Is this permanent??
Yes.
Unless Kainzo finds/is told a good enough reason to turn it back on, scaling is gone, and mythic mobs are gonna be pushed asap.

In the meantime, Exp boosts can be bought from the store to help with leveling, and PvP has no mythics to make mob hunting impossible.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We removed scaling of mobs (both damage/health/exp) --- if this isnt something the server wanted, we can probably turn it back up. This was in favor of bosses / minions giving more and having less rampage of mobs.
God its gonna take forever then. #BlameDevoted

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
We removed scaling of mobs (both damage/health/exp) --- if this isnt something the server wanted, we can probably turn it back up. This was in favor of bosses / minions giving more and having less rampage of mobs.
I've seen many complaints in chat on how long it takes to level up, I think it should be turned back on.