• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Druid problems

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
I tried but I just can't stay level 60 storm caller anymore. @victim130 asked I post some numbers and details about what's wrong so maybe they can fix it one day. So I will keep it brief.

Sooth - at 40 wisdom sooth only heals for 140 health points, which is LESS than bloodmage's infusion does at 30 wis. I'm not sure why sooth is such a weak heal.

Regrowth - I don't have the number for it but this skill takes way too much mana to be a viable heal. If sooth is intended to remain as weak as it is this skill needs a reduction of mana cost. If sooth is buffed this skill can be left alone

Rejuv - i actually like this skill. but it's not really worth the mana unless i'm solo or the situation allows for it. I wouldn't mind if it was replaced with something else since regrowth also has a heal over time effect

Healing Bloom - this is probably the Druid's best skill, but it's their only aoe heal. The Cleric can heal more than this so it doesn't make sense to go druid for the sake of group healing when i could just be a cleric instead.

Quake - this skill is ok but it requires an emerald to cast. Most skills today don't have reagents when they used to. For some reason this skill kept its reagent but it's really not as good as the other tier2 final skills in the slightest.

Fulmination (bolt) - this skill is pretty useless. It hardly does any more damage than ire and slows you for such a long time like 1/4th of my bolts never fired off because the target moved out of range. We might as well not have this skill if we can bargain for buffs on our other skills by removing it.

tl;dr
major gripes -

Cleric is better at group healing,
bloodmage is better at single target healing,
both bloodmage and disciple are better at killing people.

Druid can perform all of these tasks but sucks at all of them. Kinda like playing Oberon in Warframe.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
I tried but I just can't stay level 60 storm caller anymore. @victim130 asked I post some numbers and details about what's wrong so maybe they can fix it one day. So I will keep it brief.

Sooth - at 40 wisdom sooth only heals for 140 health points, which is LESS than bloodmage's infusion does at 30 wis. I'm not sure why sooth is such a weak heal.

Regrowth - I don't have the number for it but this skill takes way too much mana to be a viable heal. If sooth is intended to remain as weak as it is this skill needs a reduction of mana cost. If sooth is buffed this skill can be left alone

Rejuv - i actually like this skill. but it's not really worth the mana unless i'm solo or the situation allows for it. I wouldn't mind if it was replaced with something else since regrowth also has a heal over time effect

Healing Bloom - this is probably the Druid's best skill, but it's their only aoe heal. The Cleric can heal more than this so it doesn't make sense to go druid for the sake of group healing when i could just be a cleric instead.

Quake - this skill is ok but it requires an emerald to cast. Most skills today don't have reagents when they used to. For some reason this skill kept its reagent but it's really not as good as the other tier2 final skills in the slightest.

Fulmination (bolt) - this skill is pretty useless. It hardly does any more damage than ire and slows you for such a long time like 1/4th of my bolts never fired off because the target moved out of range. We might as well not have this skill if we can bargain for buffs on our other skills by removing it.

tl;dr
major gripes -

Cleric is better at group healing,
bloodmage is better at single target healing,
both bloodmage and disciple are better at killing people.

Druid can perform all of these tasks but sucks at all of them. Kinda like playing Oberon in Warframe.
I agree, but I think at this point number changes aren't going to do much - the class, along with other healers, just need distinct directions, which I plan on giving in the new class update (soon™).

While I do agree, Druid is just in an awkward place because I've found that I (should, unless I fuck up) beat all warriors, maybe not dk if it uses harmtouch, most casters, all healers besides disc, and sometimes the rogues as well. The kiting ability of the class is just insane, and spamming soothe/ire are super annoying to play against.

Anyway, I promise the class will be looked at in the near future.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
I agree, but I think at this point number changes aren't going to do much - the class, along with other healers, just need distinct directions, which I plan on giving in the new class update (soon™).

While I do agree, Druid is just in an awkward place because I've found that I (should, unless I fuck up) beat all warriors, maybe not dk if it uses harmtouch, most casters, all healers besides disc, and sometimes the rogues as well. The kiting ability of the class is just insane, and spamming soothe/ire are super annoying to play against.

Anyway, I promise the class will be looked at in the near future.

Oh yeah i didn't mean to imply I can't kill anyone. The whole soothe/ire sustain deal makes warriors pretty easy because they just can't survive how long a druid drags out combat. The other healers just do even that better and hit harder