• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Disciple Navigation

epicwin324

Legacy Supporter 3
I had really been doing some looking into Disciple after switching from Ranger, and thought they have a lack of navigational skills for their skill set. If you think about it, Disciples (Monks) are fast, can jump high, and beat the crap out of people. One of those is already fulfilled, and the other two would be nice to see. Here is my idea for the actual skills, and my reasoning will follow.

Force Jump
Level: 45
Stamina: 4
Mana: 20
Warmup: 0s
Cooldown: 3s
Effect: You propel yourself upward into the air 15 blocks. Does not apply SafeFall, but can be used in conjunction with.

Leap of Faith
Level: 25
Stamina: 2
Mana: 0
Warmup: 0s
Cooldown: 5s
Effect: You launch yourself forward 10 blocks.

In terms of Force Jump, I really think the idea of a Disciple includes jumping high, and moving around fast. This would essentially be another navigational skill for the Disciple to use to quickly move around the battlefield, get to their allies to heal, and escape or hunt down enemies. Using it would not apply SafeFall, but it could be used while falling so that fall damage is negated.

Now Leap of Faith (Ignore the name, I couldn't think of anything better) is essentially like charge, except its much less powerful, and is mainly used for getting away from something quickly. Like this thread is purposed for, it would be just another navigational skill to the Disciple.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but Disciple do seem to be quick moving healers, that can handle themselves in PvP. However, while I'm not displeased with the current skill set, this would be a very nice addition to see, and would make the roll-playing aspect of the class itself seem more fulfilling. Overall I hope you like my idea and thanks for reading!

B

Bingy1218

Things like these have got the response already from kainzo that he does not wish to buff disciples any time soon. However
Personally I think these ideas are great but are a lil op makin them as mobile as a dragoon.

Mariohgcz

Legacy Supporter 7
Don't misunderstand me, these skills are good, yes, but disciple can already defeat a warrior in combat due to forcepull and forcepush, let's not forget, it's a HEALER spec, not a Dragoon, disciple isn't intended to be the class with the best mobility, that's Dragoon's work. In my opinion, disciple is quite balanced at the moment, no need to buff it.

B

Bingy1218

Don't misunderstand me, these skills are good, yes, but disciple can already defeat a warrior in combat due to forcepull and forcepush, let's not forget
Mario you are incorrect Since recent nerfs it is a lot more difficult to kill warrior specs now, Its possible but difficult in a straight 1v1 55Disciple v 55Warrior Spec The disciple will lose unless the use of pots is cleverly involved or the warrior recieves a lot of fall damage from using forcpulle and push to our advantage.

cschris

Wood
I think that disciples could use leap of faith but no really forcejump. Probably as the level 60 skill.