• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Dig-N-Rig and Dwarf fortress

Theazian

Legacy Supporter 3
I saw these games floating around on the internet, and I must say they look pretty cool. Anyway, I'm have 2 problems.

A. Dig-N-Rig isn't for mac. If anyone knows of a wrapper/mac/ported version of this, that would be awesome.
B. Dwarf fortress is just shitting itself when I run it on my mac. I can't run the file, and I get some terminal errors.

I am by NO means a techie, and really don't know what to do here. If anyone could help me out, or show me some games like these, it would be very appreciated :)

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
Dwarf Fortress is probably the most entertaining and rewarding games ever.. If you can live with the graphics and make it through the massive learning curve that is. I don't know how to help you get it to run though, as I play it on a Windows.

Thejoker1177

Legacy Supporter 3
Dwarf Fortress is probably the most entertaining and rewarding games ever.. If you can live with the graphics and make it through the massive learning curve that is. I don't know how to help you get it to run though, as I play it on a Windows.
Massive learning curve. Bad.

Theazian

Legacy Supporter 3
Got it on me mac....very confusing.

Thejoker1177

Legacy Supporter 3
Got it on me mac....very confusing.
Exactly, If it has a too big learning curve, it's just very confusing.

But If you stick to it, it's pretty fun.

Digger360

Obsidian
Dwarf fortress is by far the most complex and confusing, yet funnest game Iv'e ever played. Don't even try it if your not willing to look though some tutorials first.

My advice to you would be to re-install java, and request help on the DF forums. They have a nice community going.