• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion DHX should Raise the price of gold.

The Price of Gold...

• Total voters

teddytazer

Soulsand
As time goes on. and more gold is being consumed in armor and swords and such. the rarity of gold is increasing. so I suggest Dhx maybe increase the amount of money they spend on gold, if anything add more money into the economy.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
As time goes on. and more gold is being consumed in armor and swords and such. the rarity of gold is increasing. so I suggest Dhx maybe increase the amount of money they spend on gold, if anything add more money into the economy.
I agree with this entirely. Gold is getting more and more rare, and many use it in armor and weapons.

Ostadar

Legacy Supporter 7
There are a number of reasons it should stay the same.

1. Inflation: Sure everyone would get more coin for their Gold, but that would in turn would raise the price of everything else as well. The DHX price on gold helps keeps a cap on that due to the fact it is a large source of income for the players; a response to increased wealth is to increase the price on product.
  2. Limited Resources: As you stated, Gold is increasing in rarity. But the one thing was should not do is increase the price of it. As it becomes harder to obtain it becomes harder to make gold armor and weapons. If the price were increased now it would actually become a massive loss because of all the Gold that was previously sold to the DHX would now cost more if you wanted to buy it back from the DHX. Think of that massive loss from the player base. If Gold became nearly impossible to mine then the only way to make the gold armor and tools would be to buy it from the DHX and other players who had hoarded their Gold supply which would cause massive loss.
  • Compacted Result: The combination of the previous two problems would lead to the inevitable collapse of the in-game economy when it comes to such a gold system change. The only possible fix for such a change would be a way to roll it back or an entire map restart which would wipe every persons' hard work. All of the gained resources in the past several months of play would be lost.

HolyRane

Legacy Supporter 7
This has been done in the past -> all that happens is everything goes up in price, on sanctum it was 6 gold DHX, then it was changed to 9c each, then up to 10 (I believe) last map. All this caused was EVERYTHING to go up in price, everything from food to township prices. There really is no reason for this.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
There are a number of reasons it should stay the same.

1. Inflation: Sure everyone would get more coin for their Gold, but that would in turn would raise the price of everything else as well. The DHX price on gold helps keeps a cap on that due to the fact it is a large source of income for the players; a response to increased wealth is to increase the price on product.
  2. Limited Resources: As you stated, Gold is increasing in rarity. But the one thing was should not do is increase the price of it. As it becomes harder to obtain it becomes harder to make gold armor and weapons. If the price were increased now it would actually become a massive loss because of all the Gold that was previously sold to the DHX would now cost more if you wanted to buy it back from the DHX. Think of that massive loss from the player base. If Gold became nearly impossible to mine then the only way to make the gold armor and tools would be to buy it from the DHX and other players who had hoarded their Gold supply which would cause massive loss.
  • Compacted Result: The combination of the previous two problems would lead to the inevitable collapse of the in-game economy when it comes to such a gold system change. The only possible fix for such a change would be a way to roll it back or an entire map restart which would wipe every persons' hard work. All of the gained resources in the past several months of play would be lost.

They changed the Gold price from 9c to 10c on Zeal (I think). It was always 10c for an ingot when i played on Zeal, but I played for like the last 2 months. I don't think 1c more per ingot will cause a collaps of the Economic system. It worked out on Zeal, why shouldn't it work now? Also, you can't buy gold from DHX (Or so I think). Right now, all items that used to be expensive is cheap (Diamond, Endstone, Nether wart, Blaze rod, ender pearls, Glowstone, magma cream and leather) I don't mind this getting a bit more expensive. That will actually help the market more then it cause harm.

Ostadar

Legacy Supporter 7
They changed the Gold price from 9c to 10c on Zeal (I think). It was always 10c for an ingot when i played on Zeal, but I played for like the last 2 months. I don't think 1c more per ingot will cause a collaps of the Economic system. It worked out on Zeal, why shouldn't it work now? Also, you can't buy gold from DHX (Or so I think). Right now, all items that used to be expensive is cheap (Diamond, Endstone, Nether wart, Blaze rod, ender pearls, Glowstone, magma cream and leather) I don't mind this getting a bit more expensive. That will actually help the market more then it cause harm.
I can understand that viewpoint. Let me start with saying that I know this is a hardcore server, and that a new player really should be going out and mining or killing from the get go; which they have to. As pricing currently stands though they already can not truelly afford the luxury of buying anything that's supposed to be cheap from the TD if they have any greater goals, speccing costs too much, finding out what class a person wants to play is expensive. If the price on Gold is increased though not only would the 'healthy' rare item prices go up, but so would the cheaper items that are easier to get. And, sadly, even that small price increase even if they never knew the original pricing, might drive some prospective players away.

Galaxial

Legacy Supporter 4
You guys heard of the future plans for Warshard?
This'll solve this problem...

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
I can understand that viewpoint. Let me start with saying that I know this is a hardcore server, and that a new player really should be going out and mining or killing from the get go. Which they have to. Even as pricing currently stands they can not really afford the luxury of buying anything that's supposed to be cheap from the TD if they have any greater goals, speccing costs too much, finding out what class a person wants to play is expensive. If the price on Gold is increased though not only would the 'healthy' rare item prices go up, but so would the cheaper items that are easier to get. And, sadly, even that small price increase even if they never knew the original pricing, might drive some prospective players away.
This was done in Zeal. Can also be done now.

Ostadar

Legacy Supporter 7
You guys heard of the future plans for Warshard?
This'll solve this problem...
Yes I have. At the point that Warshard does come out then I would approve of price increase on Gold but not until then. I don't know for sure when Warshard would be finished and as it stands I think it may be at least a couple months before it's up.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Raising the price when warshard comes out makes ZERO sense. Gold will be more plentiful at that point.

Some facts:
  1. The map is still high in ore, including gold/diamonds
  2. Most 'cave mines' get mined out within a month or two, this is "skimming the top" of the ore populous
  3. I hate you

Ostadar

Legacy Supporter 7
Raising the price when warshard comes out makes ZERO sense. Gold will be more plentiful at that point.

Some facts:
  1. The map is still high in ore, including gold/diamonds
  2. Most 'cave mines' get mined out within a month or two, this is "skimming the top" of the ore populous
  3. I hate you
I was hoping the contradiction would be caught. Anyways yes, if the Gold price was increased and then Warshard was released, then there would be a mass influx of Gold. Then the inflation I was talking about in my first post of the thread would become greatly exaggerated. Many of the older players would have a vast amount of wealth. Prices would continue to rise, and then new players would find an ever increasing gap in wealth and prices which they would find hard to keep up with. I've seen it happen in too many games when wealth was too easy to obtain.