• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Colocation] Heroes Test (Main IP) 5/2 to 5/7

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We will <strong>NOT </strong>be transferring Map Files or Databases to the old server.  We will be holding a Heroes Public Testing session until the server is in place at the new data center.

<strong>Why are we colocating?</strong>
To get out of my basement and to have highly redundant power and increased uptime all across the board.  Not to mention - it will be way faster internet!

<strong>Why is the map not being transferred?
</strong>Simple - the more testing done for Heroes (RPG) the better off we are when it gets released.  This will be the full encompassing plugin for our server and we will hold it close to our hearts.

<strong>When will the main map come back up?</strong>
As soon as it's on the new backbone and I've been given the "okay"

<strong>Will we see a little more lag on the old machine?</strong>
More than likely, yes. We moved from this hardware for a reason and it's a temp solution while we move so we aren't down for the entire time.

<strong>Should I bother staff about why the main map isnt up?</strong>
Good question, absolutely not or I will pop your head.

<strong>This is bullcrap - I  need an ETA or im never playing again Herocraft again!</strong>
Sorry to see you go! We're expecting at the latest May 7th give or take a day or two.

<strong>I found an issue in Heroes (RPG) - where can I report it?</strong>
Excellent question - create a red-mine issue here -&gt;
<a href="http://redmine.dthielke.com/projects/heroes">http://redmine.dthielke.com/projects/heroes</a><br /><a class="wordbb-full-post" href="http://herocraftonline.com/wordpress/?p=125" title="[Colocation] Heroes Test (Main IP) 5/2 to 5/7">[Colocation] Heroes Test (Main IP) 5/2 to 5/7</a>

A

Alente1

Also please note that if the Wiki is up by then we'll be welcoming contributions from the extended beta testing. Details will be forthcoming in this forum regarding that.

Regardless of that though thanks to everyone for testing this stuff out :D

BadHaddy

User Abuser
Kainzo said:
We will <strong>NOT </strong>be transferring Map Files or Databases to the old server.  We will be holding a Heroes Public Testing session until the server is in place at the new data center.

<strong>Why are we colocating?</strong>
To get out of my basement and to have highly redundant power and increased uptime all across the board.  Not to mention - it will be way faster internet!

<strong>Why is the map not being transferred?
</strong>Simple - the more testing done for Heroes (RPG) the better off we are when it gets released.  This will be the full encompassing plugin for our server and we will hold it close to our hearts.

<strong>When will the main map come back up?</strong>
As soon as it's on the new backbone and I've been given the "okay"

<strong>Will we see a little more lag on the old machine?</strong>
More than likely, yes. We moved from this hardware for a reason and it's a temp solution while we move so we aren't down for the entire time.

<strong>Should I bother staff about why the main map isnt up?</strong>
Good question, absolutely not or I will pop your head.

<strong>This is bullcrap - I  need an ETA or im never playing again Herocraft again!</strong>
Sorry to see you go! We're expecting at the latest May 7th give or take a day or two.

<strong>I found an issue in Heroes (RPG) - where can I report it?</strong>
Excellent question - create a red-mine issue here -&gt;
<a href="http://redmine.dthielke.com/projects/heroes">http://redmine.dthielke.com/projects/heroes</a><br /><a class="wordbb-full-post" href="http://herocraftonline.com/wordpress/?p=125" title="[Colocation] Heroes Test (Main IP) 5/2 to 5/7">[Colocation] Heroes Test (Main IP) 5/2 to 5/7</a>

Just a few more FAQs:

Q: Is Kainzo moving into the datacenter?
A: Probably not. They are cold and hard to get into, and also very loud. He already has Aphrodite anyway.

Q: My credit is awful, what can I do to raise it ?
A: Pay your credit cards and other revolving accounts down to 20% of their maximums, or less. Barring that, a bankruptcy or large number of late (30 days+) will affect your score and there is nothing you can do about that.

Q: Who invented liquid soap?
A: Liquid Soap was invented by Hendrik Willem Brouwer, working for Lever Brothers

Q: My turkey comes out very dry on the skin, raw on the inside, while the stuffing is cold and uncooked. How often do i change the spark plugs in a 2002 dodge neon?
A: I usually replace spark plugs in my cars at 50,000 or 100,000. Check the service manual.

Amgroma

Legacy Supporter 9
BadHaddy said:
Just a few more FAQs:

Q: Is Kainzo moving into the datacenter?
A: Probably not. They are cold and hard to get into, and also very loud. He already has Aphrodite anyway.

Q: My credit is awful, what can I do to raise it ?
A: Pay your credit cards and other revolving accounts down to 20% of their maximums, or less. Barring that, a bankruptcy or large number of late (30 days+) will affect your score and there is nothing you can do about that.

Q: Who invented liquid soap?
A: Liquid Soap was invented by Hendrik Willem Brouwer, working for Lever Brothers

Q: My turkey comes out very dry on the skin, raw on the inside, while the stuffing is cold and uncooked. How often do i change the spark plugs in a 2002 dodge neon?
A: I usually replace spark plugs in my cars at 50,000 or 100,000. Check the service manual.

I giggled like a little girl. +1

Neo_Exdeath

Destroyer Of Worlds
Legacy Supporter 3
BadHaddy said:

so what if the turkey isn't dry when comes out, and fully cooked. Do I need to wait longer on the spark plugs or less?

Amgroma

Legacy Supporter 9
Neo_Exdeath said:
BadHaddy said:

so what if the turkey isn't dry when comes out, and fully cooked. Do I need to wait longer on the spark plugs or less?

If it comes out wet and cooked, you probably should buy a 2003 headlight bulb and install it while wearing no shirt into the 2002 Dodge Neon's headlight chamber.

Neo_Exdeath

Destroyer Of Worlds
Legacy Supporter 3
Amgroma said:
Neo_Exdeath said:
BadHaddy said:

If it comes out wet and cooked, you probably should buy a 2003 headlight bulb and install it while wearing no shirt into the 2002 Dodge Neon's headlight chamber.

But what if Its actually a 1994 Mazda Miata, and I never cooked the turkey but it is still moist and fully cooked?

Amgroma

Legacy Supporter 9
Neo_Exdeath said:
Amgroma said:
Neo_Exdeath said:
BadHaddy said:

But what if Its actually a 1994 Mazda Miata, and I never cooked the turkey but it is still moist and fully cooked?

Ah when that happened to me, I sold the Miata and my 24kt golden toaster I bought from a gypsy in Uzbekistan, and upgraded to an 05 Infiniti G35. Then I sold my cooked moist turkey to a homeless man for a dollar on thanksgiving day.

Neo_Exdeath

Destroyer Of Worlds
Legacy Supporter 3
Well the problem im seeing is that I only have a 24kt golden blender.

BadHaddy

User Abuser
Neo_Exdeath said:

This problem is easily solved with a tube of astroglide. I'm not going into details, but you will figure out what to do once the crow shows up with the luggage.

Neo_Exdeath

Destroyer Of Worlds
Legacy Supporter 3
BadHaddy said:
Neo_Exdeath said:

This problem is easily solved with a tube of astroglide. I'm not going into details, but you will figure out what to do once the crow shows up with the luggage.

Thanks for clearing that problem up, everything seems fine now.

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
Amgroma said:
Neo_Exdeath said:

Those dont cost much, unless you got the ones with the diamond encrusted power cables.

I got one of those but the problem is the platinum wiring is too wrought. Any idea how to make shaved ice with a razor blade?

Amgroma

Legacy Supporter 9
gabizou said:
Amgroma said:
Neo_Exdeath said:

Those dont cost much, unless you got the ones with the diamond encrusted power cables.

I got one of those but the problem is the platinum wiring is too wrought. Any idea how to make shaved ice with a razor blade?
You just put the flowers in here. Apherdite Spelled her name wrong.