• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Class suggestion pure tank

digimoto

Gold
ok so I had this really cool idea, at least I think

a pure tank class

it will encourage group pvp and pve combat and will provide a more niche'd class for herocraft which I personally think is great.

to emphasis pure tank I suggest 0 mobility spells slower attack speed and a lower damage output

skills should include things like

1. redirect, if in a party the next target spell will automatically switch to yourself, i'm thinking of balancing it out for people not in parties but the whole build is to emphasis socalizing with others.

2. health regen? I think that very low would be fine since there's no mobility spells

3. negate, negate the next attacks damage maybe on a 30 second to 45 cooldown

4.stand ground, stop moving for a period of time reducing damage by 25 to 50 or so % meaning intentionally jumping into skill shots.

5. bear hug, if close enough (rip i don't count this as mobility it would be in like a 3 block radius) root player and yourself next to eachother not letting yourself attack but take less damage

don't forget all these skills could be combo'd with negate allowing every so often to just get a utility which i think would be a cool mechanic

these are just a couple of ideas please tell me what you think i'll clean this up and think more about it latter

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
ok so I had this really cool idea, at least I think

a pure tank class

it will encourage group pvp and pve combat and will provide a more niche'd class for herocraft which I personally think is great.

to emphasis pure tank I suggest 0 mobility spells slower attack speed and a lower damage output

skills should include things like

1. redirect, if in a party the next target spell will automatically switch to yourself, i'm thinking of balancing it out for people not in parties but the whole build is to emphasis socalizing with others.

2. health regen? I think that very low would be fine since there's no mobility spells

3. negate, negate the next attacks damage maybe on a 30 second to 45 cooldown

4.stand ground, stop moving for a period of time reducing damage by 25 to 50 or so % meaning intentionally jumping into skill shots.

5. bear hug, if close enough (rip i don't count this as mobility it would be in like a 3 block radius) root player and yourself next to eachother not letting yourself attack but take less damage

don't forget all these skills could be combo'd with negate allowing every so often to just get a utility which i think would be a cool mechanic

these are just a couple of ideas please tell me what you think i'll clean this up and think more about it latter
Paladin technically acts as this with skills like shieldreflect, taunt, and intervene.