• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Clarity of rules please

Barachus

Dirt
I had made a tunnel away from a zombie spawner to funnel the zombies into a single file line. I placed 1 block in front of me to help slow down the onslaught. Zombies could still climb over the block and kill me. I know because I died several times.

I thought as long as you were in danger, it was fine. Kainzo showed up, destroyed the blocks around to eliminate the funnel and placed cobwebs on me and reset me to lost soul.

Was I breaking the rules by killing zombies from a spawner, making them jump over a block, or was there something else I was missing?

I just want to know so I don't make the same mistake again, but I would still like to be able to kill mobs.

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
It's gotta be completely open combat. If you're going to use a spawner, it's recommended that you just keep it as a nice, open room. No obstacles, nothing that can damage you or the mobs, aside from eachother.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
I had made a tunnel away from a zombie spawner to funnel the zombies into a single file line. I placed 1 block in front of me to help slow down the onslaught. Zombies could still climb over the block and kill me. I know because I died several times.

I thought as long as you were in danger, it was fine. Kainzo showed up, destroyed the blocks around to eliminate the funnel and placed cobwebs on me and reset me to lost soul.

Was I breaking the rules by killing zombies from a spawner, making them jump over a block, or was there something else I was missing?

I just want to know so I don't make the same mistake again, but I would still like to be able to kill mobs.

Also remember that if you decide to move on to a skele spawner (such as if you are lost without your zombie funnel) that the ceiling needs to be high, and equal to the rest of the ceiling. That's because the path of a skele's arrows are a perfect parabola to your location. If the roof was low, or worse only low on one side, the arrows would never hit you. Therefore, an open room is no better than a funnel.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
While the subject is open, could I hypothetically put doors on a spawner's room to limit the amount of mobs that come into a second chamber? This assumes, of course, high ceilings and no obstacles in the second room where a person would fight off the mobs.