• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

#banlagHC2014

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Sadly, I haven't noticed any difference in the lag spikes (still ranging between 5 and 12 seconds), nor the block lag moments when mining. I wish I did...but empirical data states otherwise!
After monitoring the CPU (JMX) we were seeing 10-15 spikes an hour.... now we're down to 2-5. It's a lot less. This doesn't mean NETWORK side lag is solved (we cannot change that its up to the datacenter to route packets).

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
I know that there was a lot of talk about client-side lag last night in chat. Again, not knowing much as to what would cause that with regard to my internet connection, router quality, and computer quality, I can say that I play numerous extremely detailed MMORPGs (e.g. Dungeons & Dragons Online, Battlefield) at max video quality and do not experience lag about 99.5% of the time (occasionally I have an antivirus scan or windows update, or am downloading something else in the background, and those cause a bit of latency).

So I wonder, how much my lag spike experience in HC can be attributed to my own equipment? I run an Asus high-performance gaming laptop, a D-Link DGL high-capacity gaming router, and have the maximum-level home use internet available through Comcast, which has a 21.50 Mbps (peak 24 Mbps) download speed, and a 5.65 Mbps (peak 6.4 Mbps) upload speed.

If there are any solutions that @Kainzo or anyone else can offer that would help me experience fewer lag spikes, then I would be up for adopting them!

Thanks,

-yav

yeelowsnow

Legacy Supporter 9
I know that there was a lot of talk about client-side lag last night in chat. Again, not knowing much as to what would cause that with regard to my internet connection, router quality, and computer quality, I can say that I play numerous extremely detailed MMORPGs (e.g. Dungeons & Dragons Online, Battlefield) at max video quality and do not experience lag about 99.5% of the time (occasionally I have an antivirus scan or windows update, or am downloading something else in the background, and those cause a bit of latency).

So I wonder, how much my lag spike experience in HC can be attributed to my own equipment? I run an Asus high-performance gaming laptop, a D-Link DGL high-capacity gaming router, and have the maximum-level home use internet available through Comcast, which has a 21.50 Mbps (peak 24 Mbps) download speed, and a 5.65 Mbps (peak 6.4 Mbps) upload speed.

If there are any solutions that @Kainzo or anyone else can offer that would help me experience fewer lag spikes, then I would be up for adopting them!

Thanks,

-yav

A vast majority of these lag spikes that you experienced last night were not you alone. I was on my town TeamSpeak all last night and every time it would freeze, everyone that was either mining or killing mobs or whatever would say LAG or something of the sort. It really sucks when mining for me personally, because the server keeps ticking and my excavate use time is cut down.

People were even sayng lag or meh or ach every time it lagged in chat all at the same time. Kainzo even had to threaten banning people for saying stuff about the lag.

what777

Max Legacy Supporter

Thanks,

-yav
A vast majority of these lag spikes that you experienced last night were not you alone. I was on my town TeamSpeak all last night and every time it would freeze, everyone that was either mining or killing mobs or whatever would say LAG or something of the sort. It really sucks when mining for me personally, because the server keeps ticking and my excavate use time is cut down.

People were even sayng lag or meh or ach every time it lagged in chat all at the same time. Kainzo even had to threaten banning people for saying stuff about the lag.

The people saying client side are retarded, just ignore em.