• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

ArcheAge

Clawscript

Obsidian
I've been looking around Steam for a good RPG. From what I saw up till now, ArcheAge seems packed with content that you'd not really expect from an MMO (building houses and ships, flying gliders, etc.) and it's F2P (maybe that's a con)
I haven't been able to download it yet, so if anyone wants to give their opinions on the game, go ahead!

Eneokun

Max Legacy Supporter
I've been looking around Steam for a good RPG. From what I saw up till now, ArcheAge seems packed with content that you'd not really expect from an MMO (building houses and ships, flying gliders, etc.) and it's F2P (maybe that's a con)
I haven't been able to download it yet, so if anyone wants to give their opinions on the game, go ahead!

Only the ship and gliders are new to the general mmorpgs known. The graphics are rather average and in mmorpg graphics are really important to me. The top mmorpgs to come are for me Blade & Soul, Icarus Online and Black Desert. Currently top mmorpgs in my opinion are TERA in fantasy-style appearance and Aion in PvP, but feel free to compare.

I think you should go check the trailers of the games mentioned, classes too, they are all awesome games, even though the trailers are previews.
Black Desert is so far the highest rated mmorpg to come, at least among mmorpg fans.

Last edited:

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Vanguard was one of my favorites. What really is lacking these days is an actual reason not to die. Most timse in newer games you WANT to die to get faster travel and all that. Seems off.

MajDeath

Portal
Opinions on the game..

1. Runescape.

2. You need to be a patron to own any form of land (subscriber), however if you are in a family with someone you can use their land.

3. You need labor points to do practically anything, being a patron gives you double the labor regen of a non-subscriber.. plus you can regen half of that labor while logged out. Being a non patron means you need to be logged in to regenerate labor points.

4.You can put any image you want onto a sailboat sail and it looks amazing and HD - @werwew19

5.Fun when you're not waiting for Labor Points to craft or open things.

6. Firefall has better gliders.

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
Have a max level character in beta (yes I know I dont have a life along with the small minority of 50s currently). The PvP is amazing its quick and has little room for error. The spontaneous 20v20 I had in the middle of nowhere? Fucking awesome. This game has been pretty damn promising in regards to combat and some amazing features I wish some other mmo's would take the open world approach they are. I'll be on this game for a while I can already tell

Eneokun

Max Legacy Supporter
Vanguard was one of my favorites. What really is lacking these days is an actual reason not to die. Most timse in newer games you WANT to die to get faster travel and all that. Seems off.

Just looked Vanguard up. Reminds me of Dungeon Siege somehow. The old games... oh boy.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Opinions on the game..

1. Runescape.

2. You need to be a patron to own any form of land (subscriber), however if you are in a family with someone you can use their land.

3. You need labor points to do practically anything, being a patron gives you double the labor regen of a non-subscriber.. plus you can regen half of that labor while logged out. Being a non patron means you need to be logged in to regenerate labor points.

4.You can put any image you want onto a sailboat sail and it looks amazing and HD - @werwew19

5.Fun when you're not waiting for Labor Points to craft or open things.

6. Firefall has better gliders.
Wow... thank god for telling me about this... you have to sub monthly to own land is a bit insane.

MajDeath

Portal
It said "Free to Play" all over on Steam, that's just bs, you need to pay minimum 50$ at the moment. Dayum I'll wait for open beta. By the time it comes out I'll have forgotten. -_-
Steam really isnt the most informed when it comes to the free to play games they host.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Archeage launches on the 16th, but parton will be obtainable in game. it won't be cheap but once you get it you will be able to keep it from the money you can make from farms and things, if you buy a founder pack it just gives you patron instantly for a set amount of time
@Kainzo @Clawscript

Clawscript

Obsidian
Archeage launches on the 16th, but parton will be obtainable in game. it won't be cheap but once you get it you will be able to keep it from the money you can make from farms and things, if you buy a founder pack it just gives you patron instantly for a set amount of time
@Kainzo @Clawscript
Yeah, that's the thing I don't like about MMO's, all the "F2P-But-Paying-Is-Almost-Necessary" kinda thing. :p
Alright then, thanks for telling me anyway :)

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Yeah, that's the thing I don't like about MMO's, all the "F2P-But-Paying-Is-Almost-Necessary" kinda thing. :p
Alright then, thanks for telling me anyway :)
but it isn't almost necessary, just the people that pay get an advantage and headstart. just work hard for the first few days and you can get patron for free using ingame currency

Xanipher

Tea & Bacon
Retired Staff
Been playing since Alpha, there are a few things I don't like with what they're messing with just before live, but its awesome and I'll be playing it. Submarines and naval battles are fun as hell!

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Been playing since Alpha, there are a few things I don't like with what they're messing with just before live, but its awesome and I'll be playing it. Submarines and naval battles are fun as hell!
you paid that huge alpha price? :eek:

Xanipher

Tea & Bacon
Retired Staff
you paid that huge alpha price? :eek:
Came with $75 worth of credits, 3 months of patron subscription ($45), the game itself ($50), exclusive items/titles and I got to experience tons of cool alpha stuff. Probably got $200 worth of value out of it for $150. I'd probably end up spending that money over time anyways.