• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Aesthetic skills

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
I was thinking, a fun way to reward players for things in ways other than titles would be aesthetic skills. They would have no effect on any player or the world, but would add a little something different to players who earned them. PvP Tournaments, accomplishments in game, or whatever.

Ideas:

• /flourish
    • Multiple strikes of non-damaging lightning hit the caster. Players in range see “<Player> displays their awesome power!” in chat.
  • /fanfare
    • Noteblocks appear at the players head and play a few chords. Players in range see “<Player> has arrived!” in chat.
  • /hellfire
    • A couple waves of non-damaging, non-igniting fireballs/ghastballs hit the player from multiple directions. Players in range see “<Player> commands the fires of hell!” in chat.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I was thinking, a fun way to reward players for things in ways other than titles would be aesthetic skills. They would have no effect on any player or the world, but would add a little something different to players who earned them. PvP Tournaments, accomplishments in game, or whatever.

Ideas:

• /flourish
    • Multiple strikes of non-damaging lightning hit the caster. Players in range see “<Player> displays their awesome power!” in chat.
  • /fanfare
    • Noteblocks appear at the players head and play a few chords. Players in range see “<Player> has arrived!” in chat.
  • /hellfire
    • A couple waves of non-damaging, non-igniting fireballs/ghastballs hit the player from multiple directions. Players in range see “<Player> commands the fires of hell!” in chat.

Yeah, I like the idea just not sure what we can do... even better would be an emote system that had /hug etc pre-configured, but that would really just tie into herochat in a way... /hug /wave...

I'm not so sure if we have time to develop these =/

Bingy1218

Legacy Supporter 4
@Kainzo if so, would developing it for things such as /money top and /dtp top kills be a good idea? because I see the lists but there isn't really much enthusiasm to get to the top other than to show off :p

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Yeah, I like the idea just not sure what we can do... even better would be an emote system that had /hug etc pre-configured, but that would really just tie into herochat in a way... /hug /wave...

I'm not so sure if we have time to develop these =/

I'd ask how complicated/time consuming it would be to learn Java to help code little things like this, but I'm afraid of the answer, heh.