• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

A Rome Total War story

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
This is based on my campaign with the super underpowered faction of Dacia in the game Rome Total War.

Once upon a time there was a great warlord known as Scyles. He was the leader of Dacia, a weak barbarian faction that was repressed by the neighboring factions, Scythia and Thrace. Scyles was a born a Genius (Which gives him amazing stats), so he started working with the financial sitatuon in Dacia. After a few months, Dacia economy was good enough to pay the upkeep of a large army. The quality of the army was bad which is usual for barbarians, however Scyles was a strategic genius. In less then 2 years, he qonquers all of Thrace and allies Scythia. Dacia had grown twice as big in little time and Scyles hungered for more. He trained his soldiers in new ways and created a unit called Falxmen with extremely high attack damage but very low defence. Falxmen quickly became the core unit of his Dacian army.

Dacia only had two major ports that didn't bring in too much profit, and the army's upkeep kept raising. He set his eyes on the huge areas of Illyria. Appearently the barbarian faction of Gaul had qonquered most of Illyria already, but Scyles saw no problems and quickly took all the three major cities in Illyria, tripling the size of Dacia. Gaul sent several large armies after Scyles, but he beat them every time and as his army prevailed his units grew experienced. After securing the borders to Gaul, he had merits bigger then any other Dacian King before him. However he was an extremely ambitious man, so he set his eyes on Macedon and Greece.

The greek city states were being pushed back by Macedon and the Romans who were allied. So Scyles allied Greece and then he and his greek allies qonquered Macedon and pushed the romans back to Italy again. However right after their victory, Greek betrayed their Dacian allies as the Greeks only saw them as weak barbarians. However Scyles quickly took Athens and Sparta which were the two major greek cities and defeated the greeks utterly. At this point he splitted up his army. He sent 2/4 of his men to Illyria where he set pressure to Northern Italy. He sent 1/4 to Appolonia which was going to be used as base to invade southern Italy. And he sent the last 1/4 to Asia Minor where he was chasing down the last greeks in their colonies. Rhodes and Halicarnassus fell quickly, but when he marched on Pergamun, the Kingdom of Pontus which was the mightiest faction in Asia at the time after qonquering the Seleucids, ambushed the Dacians on their way to Pergamun. He defeated the Pontic army and then took the local Pontic city of Sardis as punishment.

At the same time, Scyles himself qonquered Northern Italy from the Gauls. He sent a smaller force into today's Switzerland to take the large regioned there owned by gaul. He then pushed down onto the two main cities of Northern Italy, Arretium and Ariminum. He sent out a large navy from Patavium and dropped his army at the coast-side of Arimunum and with use of his artillery he quickly took the settlement right in front of the two huge armies of romans that were outmanouvered completly. He leaves a sizeable garrison in Ariminum before marching South to avoid the huge roman armies in the north. With his artillery he quickly took the regional capital of Mid-italy, Capua. The Senate of Rome reckognised the threat to the Roman Republic and a gigantic force of Elite roman troops were sent North to destroy the Dacians. However they never got the message that the Dacians were south of Rome since Scyles had exterminated the population of Capua. Rome laid nearly undefended in front of the Dacians now.

Scyles quickly moved from Capua to Rome. With use of his very experienced artillery crew, he took down all the major defence posts on the walls of Rome before destroying the gateway completly. His Dacians then went inside the city itself, killing the garrison to the last man. Afterwards Scyles gave his men permission to sack the city. All the important roman leaders were killed along with 80% of the population. The heart of the Roman Republic had fallen to barbarians.

The Senate army was scattered, nearly 60% of the men in the enormous army disbanded to search for their families. At the same time, the leader of the Roman family, Vibius Julius, saw his opportunity to take power in Rome. He went out with half of his army in Northern Italy and attacked the Senate army. The Elite troops of the Senate managed to hold out however and Vibius was forced to retreat. Vibius took the rest of his troops however and attacked once again, defeating the army of SPQR, but took severly losses. the Julii now lead the Roman Republic, but for how long?

Scyles let the romans fight each other while he let his men rest. When the Senate was defeated by his own enemies, he proceeded by attacking the Julii army and defeat it. Vibius was executioned as a traitor to his own people. He then sacked Arretium and Segesta, the last two roman cities in the North. The Roman republic was no more then a few cities in southern italy and on sicily that struggled to gain power. Scyles had the world at his feet now. He had beaten the Macedonians, the Romans, the Greek, the Pontic, Gaul, Thrace and Germania. However he was an old man by now, and he let his heirs that he had personally trained, take over the military actions. Dacia was now an Empire, but will it keep expanding or force to stay defensive once their great leader Scyles is dead? To be continued...

This is what happens when I am bored :D

I've been playing Rome Total War the last 8 days and Dacia is a very hard faction to play. They start with no ports/harbous (No real trade), they don't have technology. They have NO special units whatsoever. All their units can be played by most other barbaric factions. I was actually gonna do some nuisance playing where I'd just spam peasents and attack every single faction with huge ass peasent armies, however when I realized that one of the family members (Scyles) had the Genius trait which gives a dazzling +3 Command, +3 Influence and +3 Management. I later maxed out all three things trough experience and by using academies in the greek cities I qonquered. I maxed out influence pretty easily as I gained the ''Legendary Victor'' trait which gave me +6 influence alone.

If you don't play Rome Total War you won't know what I'm talking about at all :p

WoleverEntun - Tagging you as you're a fan of RTW :p The real thing that amused me with this campaign was that I took Rome without defeating the Senate army. The Senate army turned into a rebel army as I destroyed SPQR and the Julii attacks the Senate army. Having the name ''Maxentius'' doesn't help you if you lose Rome I guess xD