• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

1.6 Sprinting

Halizu

ICE ICE ICE!
1.6 sprinting is horrible, their is now 1 second delay after double-tapping before you can sprint- it's worse on Multiplayer, the higher your ping, the longer it takes before you can sprint. Also, you seem to get the sprint-unsprint glitch even more now. So, will Herocraft keep the old (decent) sprinting?

riotpopper

Gold
The only update we should take from 1.6 is the Lava. fuck everything else, they destroyed many of the mechanics.

Hell, keep it 1.5.2. Horses are a waste anyways. NO offline mode for the new Minecraft client. That is silly, I'm going to have to get a Pirated copy of minecraft in order to fully play the game I bought.

KleenX

Iron
This reminds me of how much a shit game MC is... Other games make soooo much content but in the span of like 2 months Minecraft breaks so many mechanics and adds what to the game? Horses? Rugs? Many mod developers out there can make a horse mod faster and better than Mojang can add horses to minecraft. Ugh I was watching Antvenom interview X (I think thats his name) and X said that although Minecraft has certainly improved it hasn't improved as much as he had expected. If you think about it, not a lot of Gamechanging things have been added to Minecraft since like 1.8. That was over a year ago. A lot of what was added is just a new block which has the same mechanics as other blocks just retextured...I blame Jeb.

uin153

Legacy Supporter 6
... all of you are saying that minecraft is a shit game, and that it should be better, but yet you play it for 4-5 hours a day. I find that funny. If you really think minecraft is a shit game, stop playing it, pretty simple

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
KleenX MC PvP has changed completly since 1.8

In Beta, armor had really bad durability, even at diamond and it blocked a small percentage of damage.
In 1.0, armor gained much more durability and block damage percentage. This is also why warriors were nerfed hard but kept being OP in the start of DG. (Ex: Goon went from full iron + dia pants to 2 iron, 2 chain, 1 dia)

Potions (1.0) let fights last much longer and represent a major factor in MC and HC PvP (A fire resist. pot can make you near immune to pyros and reduce caster dmg a lot)

Enchantments is a decisive factor in MC PvP, the player with highest level sharpness sword wins. In HC enchantments are used for their knockback by casters, the fire by melee classes and looting by farmers.

For non-PvP changes:
The Redstone Update that simplified redstone by far.
Villages ans Villagere (TESTIFICATE!)
Nether Fortress, Nether Quarts, Blazes
The End, Enderdragon boss
Tons of new building blocks (Quartz, Smooth Sandstone types, Wood types, Stone Bricl types etc.)

Lots of stuff has happened since 1.8 Beta, but I can agree that 1.6 was dissappointing.

KleenX

Iron
I agree with what you guys have said. I apologize. I think minecraft is an awesome game. However, I think that Minecraft hasn't progressed as much as it could have in the span of a year. Also I am pretty sure the majority of Minecraft players don't even play vanilla minecraft. Not many people just play straight up survival. Minecraft does have a cool building structure but not many people just dedicate all their time to building either. Imagine minecraft without bukkit or mods? Mod support is a really great thing but it would be super hard for me to be into minecraft if it wasn't so popular with so much great additions.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
IMO Minecraft is horrible if not modded/multiplayer. The rate of content has been so slow that it just gets boring to play.

uin153

Legacy Supporter 6
actually, the sprinting wasnt a bug, it was mojang trying to fix some issues with sprinting on servers, what they were doing was making sprinting server side (its always been client side), the lag with sprinting was being caused because every time a player sprints, it would ping the server, and EVERY client connected to it