• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Ybiewen, the Dominion of the Sands.

GodOfGales

Legacy Supporter 4
The sand, it appeared, reflected the already sweltering heat emitted by the sun. It had been rumored this rough landscape had once been home to hundreds of rival tribes, but over the years the strongest factions took route and stabilized the lands. Spiraling metropolises held influence over large portions of the desert, most harboring on different sides of the Oasis. There was one, however, that didn't rule from a single tribe. It was a massive city, cited in history as the "City of A Thousand Tribes". Perhaps this is what you sought in this heated domain; a land of freedom and civilization amongst a realm which offered none.
Ybiewen
2zjdt11.jpg

Welcome to the official thread for the city of Ybiewen!
This thread is split into multiple sections, each regarding different districts to the town.
This thread is the overview thread.

Index
Sections marked with "*" are required to read for citizenship, all others are recommended but not required.

1.) Overview

2.) Marketing District

3.) Military District

4.) Residential District

5.) Palace District *

6.) Northern Slums * (de facto district)

7.) Current citizenship and leaders

The City Concept
The concept of Ybiewen is simple: provide a fun, effective, multicultural town.
This means, Ybiewen welcomes all types of players. PvP'ers, RP'ers, PvE'ers, Merchants, etc.
This being, all citizens must experiment outside of their boundaries. PvE'ers must PvP. PvP'ers must RP.
RP is a strong point of Ybiewen. It's the central theme that all themes sprout from.
RP is simple, nothing to stress over. It is just a fun way to get things going from a full in-game perspective.

Do I need to read this whole thread?
As mentioned in the index, only sections marked with the red symbol are required reads.
So why would you read more?
Because each helps you further understand the town.
The marketing district, although not required, gives insight on the town economy.
The residential district gives you a look on larger real-estate.
The Military District gives an idea of town PvP.

Tips & Tricks
Humm, still pondering how you want to go about reviewing this town?
Here's a few tricks.

Read what's required, and if you like it, apply.
While you are waiting for a response, read the rest and familiarize yourself.

Do not, ever, PM someone in-game and ask for a reply. That will automatically deny you.

Do not beg for re-entry. There will be guidelines below on how to resubmit an application after denial.

Time to Explore Ybiewen!

Last edited:

GodOfGales

Legacy Supporter 4
Military District
Home of the armed forces and brute administration.
Senator: Vacant
35inj7n.jpg

Coming Soon.

Last edited:

GodOfGales

Legacy Supporter 4
Residential District
Housing for the general populace.
if1tud.png

Coming Soon.

Last edited:

GodOfGales

Legacy Supporter 4
The Ybiewen Palace District
Central point of city government.

1zq4j6q.jpg

Palace Grounds
The Palace Grounds section of the Palace District is the central point of law and meeting place of officials.
The government of Ybiewen is heavily influenced by the lore, as well as the general format of the town. The hierarchy goes as listed.

Sultan
The Sultan of Ybiewen rules over the city as well as the kingdom. He has absolute power, able to redirect and anoint power as needed. He is anointed by a general election, and can only be overthrown if an 8/10th vote is against the Sultan at a Festival of Ybiewen convention.

Regent
The Regent is the second in command of the kingdom and city of Ybiewen. Heavily infused with the Sultan, the two must be close in friendly positions to ensure they can support one another and prevent political rebellion. He preforms the duties of the Sultan if the Sultan is absent or unable to do so.

The Court
The Court, or Council, serves under the Regent and is the trusted advisors to the Sultan.

--The Following is in no particular order--

Banker General
The Banker General is in charge of city finances. Originally the Minister of the Treasury, in the times of dictatorship, the Banker General office was formed to replace the Ministry, to further influence the titles regarding military. Today, only the name lasts of the military ties.

Commandeeate
The Commandeeate is the most ancient of titles, with it dating back to the original tribal council. The Commandeeate runs the military of Ybiewen. The Commandeeate is an office not directly anointed by the Sultan, but decided upon by the Prefect of the Junta.

Chief Engineer
When the Era of Peace channeled an age of innovation into Ybiewen, the Chief Engineer position was made to further enhance the city. Over time, his responsibility was to form a team of engineers and wire (or, wireless) the city and a network of energy.

Head Diplomat
The Head Diplomat is only a figurehead of the general Diplomat Assembly. When the Sultan and Regent make ties with another nation or city, they anoint a team of diplomats alongside a Head Diplomat for that region to ensure peace.

Grand Architect
Master over the town construction and aesthetics, the Grand Architect works to improve the beauty of the town and expansion of homes and buildings.

Governor
A Governor is the leading official in a selected region, usually the chief of a leading tribe. The carry out the regional deeds.

Warlord
A harsh militarily leader, the Warlord is a leading official in a region along the Outer Prefect. Warlords gain power through blood, and in some regions are overthrown often. They carry out regional deeds.

Senator
The Senator of the Inner Province, which consists of Ybiewen City, is elected to carry out district needs.
1.) While previously agreed sparring is allowed, town members are not permitted to kill one another.
2.) Thievery is not allowed between any town member.
3.) Disrespecting one another is not a tolerated act.
4.) The City of Ybiewen is not required to deal with any unlawful acts and will deal with them accordingly.
5.) One must use common sense when participating in things, as not all laws are written.
6.) Place a "-" in your application after your timezone, to mark you have read the rules.
7.) Respect all alliances.
8.) Do not give a bad outlook of the town to others.
9.) Do not disrespect officials.
10.) Follow all rules.
1.) If you are to be inactive for over 1.5 weeks, inform an official, via PM for validation.
2.) If you are inactive for over 1.5 weeks, your house is liable to redistribute.
3.) If you are inactive for 2.5 weeks, your items will be transported to public storage for the growth of the town.
4.) If you are inactive for over 3.5 weeks, you will be promptly removed from the town.
5.) Once kicked for inactivity, upon possible return must re-apply and restart, or move on elsewhere.

Diplomatic Square
The Diplomatic Square section of the Palace District is an area devoted to embassies and allies.

Section is a Work-In Progress.

Library of Ybiewen

Becoming an Official
To become an official of the city, one must have been in the city for at least 1 week, entirely active. (Daily logins)

After so, they must complete a generalized application. If the application is processed to continue, a private conversation will be formed with a more detailed application pertaining to the desired rank.

If one does not receive the rank, and openly complain, the are subject to removal, due to immaturity.

You can be part of more than one position.

IGN.)
Age/Timezone.)
When did you join Ybiewen?)
What rank do you wish to obtain?)
Why do you deserve this rank?)
How will you prove efficient at the job?)
Do you hold any other government potions in Ybiewen?)
Have you held ranks in previous towns?)
If applicable, what town and what rank?)

Last edited:

GodOfGales

Legacy Supporter 4
Northern Slums
Entry point to the town
219nntf.jpg

The Northern Slums is the entry point to the town, where new members will be assigned houses and taught the basics before moving up with the rest of the citizens. The time spent here tests the loyalty and activity of recruits.

Life in the Slums

The slums section of town is a large portion of it, where new recruits are placed in, albeit smaller, homes.
Here, quickly inactive and untrustworthy recruits are filtered. While life can be rough living with "newbs", if one shows potential, they can be quickly relocated into the inner circles of the town.

Why do you need to go to the slums?
"Why do I, a reasonably experienced, or new and upcoming, player have to go to this place?"
Well, as mentioned, it filters out those who are unwilling to do anything productive.
The slums act as a mass filter for the town.
If you prove worthy, getting out will be no problem!
You'll see, once you're settled into the town, that the slums do indeed help keep "others" out.

Apply here!
We, here at Ybiewen, are happy to see you're interested in joining us!
After you have read over everything required, please take the time to fill out the following application.
IGN?)
Age/Timezone?)
Duration of time on Herocraft?)
Current Class AND Level?)
Current Profession AND Level?)
Any previous towns?)
If applicable, why did you leave? Were you kicked?)
If applicable, provide reason for the kick.)
Why do you wish to join Ybiewen?)
Do you have any friends within the town?)
What RP Tribe suits you?)

A Note for Applicants
If you are accepted into Ybiewen, we will not contact you in-game. It is your responsibility to contact either Rihawk_ or GodOfGales in-game for an invitation.

If you are denied access, you may re-apply after one week.

Last edited:

GodOfGales

Legacy Supporter 4

Last edited:

GodOfGales

Legacy Supporter 4
Bumping this thread! Ybiewen has been created and all the necessary parts of this post are there for people to apply!

@Admins
- Can I get hc.to/Ybiewen? Possibly?

CallawaySpriter

Glowing Redstone
IGN?) CallawaySpriter
Age/Timezone?) 17. PST -
Duration of time on Herocraft?) Played for a solid year. Took a two year hiatus for personal reasons
Current Class AND Level?) Blood Mage level 10, but I've only been on for around 2 hours since I got back, so that will change quickly
Current Profession AND Level?) Crafter level 15
Any previous towns?) Aldenshire
If applicable, why did you leave? Were you kicked?) Got picked on a lot for being young ( I was 14 at the time)
If applicable, provide reason for the kick.) They locked me out for reasons beyond me
Why do you wish to join Ybiewen?) Looking for a town with a strong sense of community and lore
Do you have any friends within the town?) Nope
What RP Tribe suits you?) Skel'd-re'gat looks to be my style.

Last edited:
IGN?) TyScorf2010
Age/Timezone?) 16 Eastern Time-
Duration of time on Herocraft?) Since 2013
Current Class AND Level?) Beserker 10
Current Profession AND Level?) Crafter 15
If applicable, why did you leave? Were you kicked?) Leaders were not nice people, constantly getting raided.
Why do you wish to join Ybiewen?) Looking for a town to be part of, and I found Ybiewen. The game becomes much more enjoyable when everyone is working together.
Do you have any friends within the town?) I do not but I planned to join with CallawaySpriter
What RP Tribe suits you?) I am more PvP based so the Bal'r Suits me best.

Last edited:

GodOfGales

Legacy Supporter 4
IGN?) CallawaySpriter
Age/Timezone?) 17. PST -
Duration of time on Herocraft?) Played for a solid year. Took a two year hiatus for personal reasons
Current Class AND Level?) Blood Mage level 10, but I've only been on for around 2 hours since I got back, so that will change quickly
Current Profession AND Level?) Crafter level 15
If applicable, why did you leave? Were you kicked?) Got picked on a lot for being young ( I was 14 at the time)
If applicable, provide reason for the kick.) They locked me out for reasons beyond me
Why do you wish to join Ybiewen?) Looking for a town with a strong sense of community and lore
Do you have any friends within the town?) Nope
What RP Tribe suits you?) Not sure what an RP tribe is, but I do RP
Pending. While your application looks strong, look under Palace District > Library of Ybiewen > Tribes to find the available tribes to join.

killriot24

Legacy Supporter 2
IGN?)- killriot24
Age/Timezone?)- 17/EAST
Duration of time on Herocraft?)about a year or 2
Current Class AND Level?)- Berserker level 15
Current Profession AND Level?)- level 1 Blacksmith
Any previous towns?)- Nope
If applicable, why did you leave? Were you kicked?)
Why do you wish to join Ybiewen?)- I wish to join Ybiewen to be part of an amazing community where everyone are friends and an accepting community, whatever type of a person you are.
Do you have any friends within the town?)
What RP Tribe suits you?) I would think that Bal'R would suit me, sounds like it is a tribe focused on battles and pvp

Last edited:

Jackrox256

Obsidian
IGN?) Jackrox256

Age/Timezone?) 19 AEST (Australian Eastern Standard Time)-

Duration of time on Herocraft?) Been on and off again for a while now, played for a while back in 2011-2012 and a bit in 2013 if I recall. With the new map up I am planning to become very active again, however.

Current Class AND Level?) Cleric LvL 12

Current Profession AND Level?) Blacksmith LvL 32

Any previous towns?) I joined one back in 2011-2012 and 2013, but I can't recall the names, sorry.

If applicable, why did you leave? Were you kicked?) Can't remember if I was kicked or left, been a while.

If applicable, provide reason for the kick.) Inactivity would be the reason if any.

Why do you wish to join Ybiewen?) Looking for a town to join, and talked briefly to one of the members. I understand that you will only be taking members when you finish the main hall of the town, but I thought I should put in my application in anyway. Judging from your Town page it will be a fun town to join, so that is the main reason, I suppose.

Do you have any friends within the town?) No.

What RP Tribe suits you?) Qurj, I believe. I'm mostly a gatherer and find I like to get minerals and other resources opposed to PvP and Building. Though I'm not opposed to PvPing on occasion. Not entirely sure if it is the right tribe that suites me, the information on the page was brief.

PS. Small typo on rule 5.
"5.) One must use common sense* when participating in things, as not all laws are written."

Last edited:

EveTater

Gold
IGN: EveTater
Age/Timezone: 20, US EST-
Duration of time on Herocraft: In total I've played about 3 or 4 months time of it, spread over different summers
Current Class AND Level: With the wipe I am a bloodmage lvl 8
Current Profession AND Level: Merchant lvl 12
Any previous towns: There was one a year ago, I don't recall the name but it was all about knowledge lore.
If applicable, why did you leave? Were you kicked:N/A
If applicable, provide reason for the kick:N/A
Why do you wish to join Ybiewen: It had the most formally complete and well done forum page out of the factions active
Do you have any friends within the town: No
What RP Tribe suits you: rRa RrA, as that's what I'm like irl ^.^

DrRidiculouz

Legacy Supporter 2
IGN?) DrRidiculouz
Age/Timezone?) 14 EST-
Duration of time on Herocraft?) 2 years
Current Class AND Level?) Dragoon level 10
Current Profession AND Level?) Crafter level 16 (I plan on becoming a blacksmith)
Any previous towns?) Tiltwo, HiddeCaverns, Frost, Silverspring, and more
If applicable, why did you leave? Were you kicked?) I left most the towns to live on my own so I could PvP without having to worry about doing something the town may not like.
Why do you wish to join Ybiewen?) I was in Tiltwo and it was a great town, this looks interesting. GodOfGales is a more-than-capable owner
Do you have any friends within the town?) I know LightTheAbsol (I changed my name from Slickvngr to MidnightShadows to DrRidiculouz)
What RP Tribe suits you?) Bal'r

Last edited:
IGN: Ataturk_
Age/Timezone: 15/UTC-
Duration of time on Herocraft: 3 years(I played with long breaks)
Current Class AND Level: currently 5 ranger
Current Profession AND Level: 17 crafter
Any previous towns: (I had one 2 years ago)
Why do you wish to join Ybiewen: to found a place to protect my items and make some friends
Do you have any friends within the town: no
What RP Tribe suits you: Qurj

Last edited:

drpepper1344

Soulsand
IGN.)
Ineosi (Formerly Drpepper1344)

Age/Timezone.)
18 / Eastern Standard Time

When did you join Ybiewen?)
May 26, 2016

What rank do you wish to obtain?)
Banker General

Why do you deserve this rank?)
I have previous experience running the economies in towns; I was the on the Council/Mayor of Solitude, and helped oversee the finances of that town. Also, on previous maps (Namely Valorium and Dragongarde) I have managed to maintain a successful stream of businesses involving Smithing and Enchanting, so i know a good amount on how to manage money and even profit in the Herocraft Economy. Additionally, I have thus far contributed to Ybiewen not only in HeavensWatch, but also contributed to the achievement of first town on the Beta World.

How will you prove efficient at the job?)
Assuming that HeavensWatch will be utilizing some sort of Trade District, i believe it would be profitable for the town, and its contributing members, to set up a Ybiewen Trading Post. Here we can utilize the different professions that comprise our town to make a profit, and hopefully become a leading Economic Force in Herocraft. Also, with this we can hopefully ease taxation rates and encourage new members to join, and bolster the community.

Do you hold any other government potions in Ybiewen?)
Founding Member, although i'm pretty sure that is not a government position.

Have you held ranks in previous towns?)
Yes

If applicable, what town and what rank?)
Counci/Mayor of Solitude
SiC of Frost

Last edited: