• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion wizard needs buff

Status
Not open for further replies.

I_Love_Miners

Legacy Supporter 5
Wizard has a serious mana problem right now. Firstly, their replenish gets nerfed from the former 100%, to a MAX OF 60%!!!

On the surface this doesn't seem too awful, but keep in mind that because of attributes, this scales off of wisdom, and you need to put a decent amount of points to even approach 60%. Currently I have 25 points I believe in wisdom and only have 57%. In a fight that lasts more than 30 seconds, which tends to happen a lot now since people are stacking clerics, paladins, gold buffs, it's next to impossible to get through a fight as a wizard without running out of mana very quickly. given the type of class it is, if youre not spamming your skills as a wizard, your team, or you is likely dying very quickly, so I don't see how it is fair to have encounter mana problems along the way. Wizards already have it hard enough with the high cost of reagents at the beginning of a map it sucks that many other classes get to be op for free.

possible suggestions

-lower mana cost of wizard skills
-increase base mana pool
-revert replenish to the old 100% system or at least make it scale off wisdom and be more attainable to have 100% mana replenish

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
Wizard has a serious mana problem right now. Firstly, their replenish gets nerfed from the former 100%, to a MAX OF 60%!!!

On the surface this doesn't seem too awful, but keep in mind that because of attributes, this scales off of wisdom, and you need to put a decent amount of points to even approach 60%. Currently I have 25 points I believe in wisdom and only have 57%. In a fight that lasts more than 30 seconds, which tends to happen a lot now since people are stacking clerics, paladins, gold buffs, it's next to impossible to get through a fight as a wizard without running out of mana very quickly. given the type of class it is, if youre not spamming your skills as a wizard, your team, or you is likely dying very quickly, so I don't see how it is fair to have encounter mana problems along the way. Wizards already have it hard enough with the high cost of reagents at the beginning of a map it sucks that many other classes get to be op for free.

possible suggestions

-increase base mana pool
-revert replenish to the old 100% system or at least make it scale off wisdom and be more attainable to have 100% mana replenish
Are you kidding? this has to be a troll post lmao.

The last 2 months of haven i was a wizard, i had 16 wis, and i NEVER ran out of mana. Hell i never even used replenish that much...

pure_autism

Legacy Supporter 5
Why should the class with the highest burst damage (also a problem) and close to the highest mobility get nearly endless burst damage and mobility?

Must be a troll post, wow isn't that hilarious.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
If it did not have mana problems it would be a retarded OP class. To compensate the really strong damage there are high mana costs. Even with the high mana costs it is still one of the most strong classes

Y

ytiggidmas

possible suggestions

-increase base mana pool
The people disagreeing with you haven't played wizard this map and it's no doubt they have no idea about Wizard's very real mana problems. It's ridiculous how fast mana is destroyed for how much you are able to do. Wizards are nearly incapable of fighting 1v1's without running out of mana, even AFTER using replenish, and in teamfights... oh don't even get me started about teamfights, Fighting multiple people as a wizard is nearly impossible with the constant need for mana. Wizard definitely needs an increased mana restore on replenish, and/or a reduction of mana costs. The mana struggle is the exact reason I refused to play wizard this map, there's nothing worse than spamming a skill in hopes your mana regen finally catches up to it's cost while you're getting bashed to death. I'm sorry for basically repeating what you said, but it needs to be said again because it's very true.

I_Love_Miners

Legacy Supporter 5
have any of you ever been in a teamfight? wizard is clearly not op at the moment otherwise all of midguard would be wizards right now. all of wizard's burstiness is negated, or just evened out by the fact that theyre all squishy as fuck. you talk about endless burst damage being an issue, but how is it fair that every other class gets endless burst damage? how is it fair that clerics get a full heal every 20 seconds? how is it fair that paladins have an invisible steed? no class should go into a team fight thinking that half way through theyre just going to be a sitting duck because they ran out of mana while the rest of the party just hams away. ever since i started playing this server theyve been nerfing wizard hard as fuck and it's getting pretty annoying

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
The people disagreeing with you haven't played wizard this map and it's no doubt they have no idea about Wizard's very real mana problems. It's ridiculous how fast mana is destroyed for how much you are able to do. Wizards are nearly incapable of fighting 1v1's without running out of mana, even AFTER using replenish, and in teamfights... oh don't even get me started about teamfights, Fighting multiple people as a wizard is nearly impossible with the constant need for mana. Wizard definitely needs an increased mana restore on replenish, and/or a reduction of mana costs. The mana struggle is the exact reason I refused to play wizard this map, there's nothing worse than spamming a skill in hopes your mana regen finally catches up to it's cost while you're getting bashed to death. I'm sorry for basically repeating what you said, but it needs to be said again because it's very true.
I've been a max wizard this map, and I disagree with him. I didn't have any problems with mana. Wizard does a shit ton of damage, and without the mana restrictions you would see a major nerf in damage.

Maybe you haven't played wizard in a teamfight, but spamming all your skills isn't the way to go. Megabolt and pulse are easy to land, and do a ton of aoe damage.

So overall, this thread is completely wrong.

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
We've had 4 wizards in my town at one time and NONE of them ever said mana was an issue for them.

I_Love_Miners

Legacy Supporter 5
i fought one team fight, ran out of mana twice, and spent the last 30 seconds of the fight chasing, waiting 10 seconds, and getting one fireball off. i didnt miss a skill the entire fight

pure_autism

Legacy Supporter 5
have any of you ever been in a teamfight? wizard is clearly not op at the moment otherwise all of midguard would be wizards right now. all of wizard's burstiness is negated, or just evened out by the fact that theyre all squishy as fuck. you talk about endless burst damage being an issue, but how is it fair that every other class gets endless burst damage? how is it fair that clerics get a full heal every 20 seconds? how is it fair that paladins have an invisible steed? no class should go into a team fight thinking that half way through theyre just going to be a sitting duck because they ran out of mana while the rest of the party just hams away. ever since i started playing this server theyve been nerfing wizard hard as fuck and it's getting pretty annoying
Endless burst, huh?

You haven't had mana issues until you've played Beguiler.

Pyro won't run out of mana as quickly as the others, but it has long cooldowns to balance that.

I think Runeblade also runs out of mana sometimes, but I hardly have any experience with it. @Naxet91

I think you're really exaggerating when you say every other class has endless damage.

Cypher123

TNT

possible suggestions

-increase base mana pool

I usually don't have mana problems unless I fight for several minutes on a wizard. I'm not sure what your casting but I think your doing it wrong...

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Yeah idk what Miners means,Wizard has more damage less mana problems less cc and more mobility then a beguiler

Hmm wonder why @Glacial_Reign f - Palmed mah post D:

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Try altering your team comp: Battery, ManaSong, Clarity, Enlightenment are some tools that can help casters never have to think about mana costs.

@I_Love_Miners be sure to reread the optimal wording for suggestions, in the sticky thread in Suggestion sub-forum. Any thread that says "buff this please" (and yours says it right in the title, +1 for subtlety) will not be received well by Kainzo.

peterpunx

Legacy Supporter 6
Just answering Babomba, Runeblade used to run out of mana last map all the time, not a big deal, just be prepared and have to rest after each fight... using emeralds also helps

My suggestion is to learn how to manage mana instead of hammering all your skills at once

Im sure u run out of mana if u start spaming fireball and icebolt from too far away and using blizard without any sence.

I_Love_Miners

Legacy Supporter 5
Try altering your team comp: Battery, ManaSong, Clarity, Enlightenment are some tools that can help casters never have to think about mana costs.

@I_Love_Miners be sure to reread the optimal wording for suggestions, in the sticky thread in Suggestion sub-forum. Any thread that says "buff this please" (and yours says it right in the title, +1 for subtlety) will not be received well by Kainzo.

nothing you say will be received well by kainzo unless he thought of it first.

Status
Not open for further replies.